Ch. 2

Free Falling ch. 2

Hey guys! So right now this is in.. I don’t know what it is. I think it’s called third person narrative? Who am I kidding, you guys probably don’t even know yourselves.  So it’s still with Chris’ point of view, just not like he’s narrating it. Don’t worry, it’ll go back to normal on the next chapter. And you know how I said I’d post every Friday? I lied… I’ll post once a week. Anyways, enjoy!

Sunlight shone over Chris’ eyes, almost making him go blind. He shrugged, and turned to look at the clock.

7:00.

Chris rubbed his tired eyes, and found the will to get out of bed. Today, he remembered, was his first day of school.  Chris rolled his eyes. Like any other teenager, he hated school. Kids were mean or stuck up, teachers didn’t give a care in the world, and he hated all those stupid groupies that have to judge everyone.

He showered, brushed his teeth in the shower (cuz why not?), got dressed in some baggy jeans and a beige hoodie, and then ran down stairs. Chris saw Kelly in a light grey sweater dress that hugged her curves, with some sheer tights and tall brown boots. Of course, to keep her warm, she wore a jean jacket and a yarn scarf.

Chris was concerned when he saw his sister in such attire. She looked, cringing at his own thoughts, hot. If Kelly looked like that, guys would be taking her every command. But knowing Kelly for the past 16 years, that’s what she was going for.

“Good morning,” Kelly greeted tiredly. Chris was pouring some cereal, then walked over to the table.

“Morning,” He replied. The two ate in silence. Neither one of them really had the energy to say anything to each other. Chris figured Kelly was crying over the move all night (hence the occasional weeps he had heard that night), making her feel fatigued.

Chris’ dad ran down the stairs in a crisp white dress shirt and black business pants. He carried his business coat and business bag (quite business-y), looking tired yet excited for his new job. Chris’ dad, or Mr. Roberts, got a new job as the head vice president in this company Chris didn’t care about. He was happy for him, but it felt so unnecessary to move all the way to New York.

Chris knew he couldn’t do anything about it, so he just didn’t pay attention at all. Mr. Roberts said good morning to Kelly and him, and made himself a coffee. Again, the breakfast was silent.

When Chris’ mother was alive, they had so much to talk about, that there was no room for silence. He smiled the nostalgia. He knew he had to stop thinking about her so often.

“Alright, let’s take you kids to school,” Mr. Roberts shrugged. Kelly and Chris nodded and headed to the garage. Mr. Roberts unlocked the car, and they all went in. Kelly sat in the back, texting one of her friends in California, and Chris sat in the front, lazily looking through his backpack.

The car ride, like the breakfast they shared this morning, was silent. Silences like this used to bother Chris, but he learned that no one knew what to say. It was awkward around his father.