Ch11: First Hunt

-Shays pov-

The first morning after the change Dee woke me up early when she jumped out the window to see jake I decided to get dressed and get ready for the day I just clasped my new necklace around my neck when I heard a rock hit the window smiling I walked over and saw Tobi looking up at me he smiled and said,

"Good morning beautiful"

I blushed and then turned & ran downstairs and towards Tobi.

"Morning Tobi, let's go the secret library."

He grabbed my hand and turned pulling me with him towards the lil library we found a few days ago. Once inside we chatted and goofed around until it was time for breakfast the day flew by and when we arrived in hunting class in our hunting clothes we saw Mr Fitz and my mother Head mistress after everyone was pretty much here Mr Fitz spoke.

"Good evening class, today's the day we go for you're first feed. I'm glad you all decided to wear proper clothing which is a must and if not go back to you're room and change." Mr fitz said as 3 students got up to leave to change.

"Anyways, when they get back we will go out to the field to warm up, stretch out. But, everyone needs a partner so find yourself one before they get back." He adds walking over to his desk. Me and Tobi were going to be partners when I look over at dee she looked at Ray and ask her to be her partner.

"Hey Shay ready to hunt?"

I smirked

"Yes , yes I am."

The students came back so we all got up and headed outside. Than Mrs. Hastings appeared and stood next to Mr.Fitz as we all stood in a group in front of them.

"Okay class, I asked Mrs. Hastings to help me talk through this with all of you here because this is the first time for yous to be able to run around in these woods for you're preys and to bring them back here. I wanna be able to see what you can do and to use you're skills in the woods with you're partner that I taught you these past few weeks." Mr Fitz started,

"But in these woods it can be dangerous and that's why I'm here to explain that part." Mrs Hastings finished making us all gasp and looking around at each other.

"You see, there's a 50 mile radius around the entire school which is huge for any hunting and exploring. There's a river which cuts off the land between ours and the others so we forbid any of you to cross, jump over to the other side." She added.

"So there's this treaty where any of our kind cross onto that side of the river they can either kill you on point or decide to feed on you slowly which is there strong suit because they have big teeth." Mr Fitz urged looking at each and everyone of us. I look over at Dee wondering what they are talking about when they asked if we had any questions.

"What's on the other side of the river?" Ray asked.

"They're not like us. They're were wolfs." Mr. Fitz replied making us go in shock.

"What if they cross onto our land?" Jake asked.

"Then we can kill them too. But we never had that case in years. Decades that turn into centuries. It was never broken." Hastings replied looking at me and Dee.

"It's a law, and we are never ever to interact." She added as well.

"What if it does happen? If a student crosses over?" Jakes asked again.

"There will be serious consequences to who may that be. It's either life or death." Said Head Mistress. Just then dee put her hand up.

"Yes Denice?" Mr. Fitz asked.