Keefe's mouth formed a thin line on his face and the bleeding on his cheek stopped. "That means the time we spent together, focusing on our plan. You were faking?" He quietly said.

"Yes! Why do you think I practically begged you to let me come with you here?! This would be my escape and I would never have to see you again!" Biana crossed her arms over her chest and looked angrily at Keefe.

Keefe kept looking at Biana with confused eyes as if trying to detect any lies on her face. His shoulders slumped when Sophie realized he didn't. Then he looked over at Linh.

"This is our fault.." His glare turned murderous and he tried to get to her but Tam pushed him back.

"Put one finger on Linh and I'll literally rip you into shreds." Tam hissed.

Keefe scoffed and punched Tam right in the stomach. He smiled as Tam doubled over, clutching his gut.

"Tam! Leave him alone, freak!" Linh took another knife out of her pocket.

Keefe let out a loud growl and lunged at Linh, only to be swatted away by Tam, who got back up on his feet inhumanly fast. Keefe flew into the couch on the other side of the room and shadows engulfed him.

Tam breathed heavily and looked over at Biana. Biana shivered as his shadow crossed over her and tested her potential.

"She's not lieing." Tam let out a sigh and put his hand on his stomach again.

"Tam, are you ok?" Linh walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder but Tam pushed it off and looked at her.

"I'm fine, let's just get out of here." Tam looked over at the couch then back at the girls.

--------------

Silence stayed in the air as the group walked in the night. Since there was no sun, they couldn't leap home and the only way to get back was to teleport which Sophie wasn't hoping for.

The sleeping gas should have wore off by now, Tam shadow-whispered.

So? Sophie transmitted.

I know you kissed Fitz.

"You what?!" Sophie yelled, causing the others to look at her.

"What is it?" Biana said.

"Nothing." She quickly replied.

"Sophie kissed Fitz." Tam smirked as Sophie gave him a death glare.

Linh and Biana's mouths dropped.

"You what?!" They said in unison, both grins on their faces.

"Jeez, why do you guys even care? We just got away from trouble and you're more excited about this." Sophie walked on ahead but Tam grabbed her shoulder.

"Don't go walking away from us." Tam said with with a serious tone but a smirk was still on his face.

Sophie snorted and pushed his hand off her shoulder. Tam looked at her with a full smile but then hunched over and clutched his neck.

"Tam!" Linh crouched next to him and lifted his face up to hers. His eyes were slowly changing from light gray to pale blue.

"Keefe...he broke through my shadow trap. He's coming this way." Tam got up and looked at everyone who had shocked looks on their faces.

"We have to get back to the Lost Cities. Sophie, do you know anywhere that we could teleport from?" Biana said.

Tam, Linh and her looked at Sophie and she heaved out a sigh. "The only place we could jump from without getting seriously hurt is the Golden Gate Bridge but--"