Chapter Three

So, we've started a new journey. I do have a blog for this story. A link for the blog is on my profile. On the blog, there will be picture teasers, teasers and pervy picture teasers. This story is going to be quite steamy and it's pre-written.

I also forgot to thank my beta, Sally, for magical red pen and making sure that the commas and such were in the right spot. You are amazing. Thank you for suggestions and guidance! ;-)

Now, onto the story ...

Chapter Three

"Dude, I can't believe we're going to be working on that sweet little place on Mercer," Garrett breathed.

"We haven't gotten the job yet, jackass," Edward argued. "Ms. Swan wants to meet us first, let us give her an estimate, and our ideas for what should be done."

"I wonder if she's hot," Garrett crooned. "Isabella Swan—what a sexy name! Do you think she's blonde or brunette?"

Edward rolled his eyes. His best friend and business partner was infatuated with women. He had been since the moment they met on the campus of University of Washington. "She's older. Esme Cullen gave her our name. From what Esme told me, she and Ms. Swan roomed together in college," Edward shrugged. "Besides, are you really going to jeopardize our job because you're thinking with your pecker?"

"We're not going to jeopardize our job," Garrett said, elbowing Edward's ribs. "I can look all I want. But, I won't pounce until we're done with the job. That way, we still get paid. If she's hot."

"And you wonder why you're still single?" Edward deadpanned.

He shook his head, running his hand through his thick, unruly bronze hair. Garrett was Edward's best friend. The two of them started this contracting company fresh out of college. Edward's father, Edward Sr., provided the start-up capital, and within a year, his initial investment had been repaid. MasenKeyes was the fastest growing contracting and construction company in Washington State. Their attention to detail and the use of the finest materials made them sought after by younger couples renovating older homes as well as older families making changes to their existing properties. Edward got a great deal of joy in shining something up, making it new again. He loved working with his hands, and seeing a project from start to finish was one of perks of his job.

"Check the GPS, Garrett. Are we close?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, turn left up here. It's a gated community," Garrett replied.

Edward eased his truck to the security gate. "My name is Edward Masen. I'm here to see Isabella Swan?"

"Ah, yes. She stopped by early this morning informing us of your arrival. Do you need directions?" asked the security guard. Edward shook his head, pointing to the GPS on his dashboard. With a wave, the gate opened, and Edward drove through, following the directions that Garrett dutifully spouted off in an obnoxious British accent. Finding Isabella's home, Edward parked behind a sleek black Land Rover and smacked Garrett's arm.

"What's that for?" he asked.

"Don't be your usual charming self, Garrett," Edward warned. "Think before you speak. Use your big head, not the little one between your legs."

"You wound me, Edward," Garrett snickered. "I will be the picture of grace and charm."

Edward rolled his eyes, walking up to the front door. The exterior of the house was gorgeous. Edward hoped the interior just needed some minor tweaks. Ringing the doorbell, he waited for it to open. When it did, the most gorgeous brunette was standing in front of him. "Edward or Garrett?" she asked, her voice raspy and rough, like salted caramel. Her eyes were a deep espresso color but held a level of sadness or wariness.

"I'm Edward, and this is Garrett," Edward choked out, holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you," Ms. Swan smiled. "I'm Bella. Please, come in."

Oh. God.

A/N: Very short, I know. But upcoming is the description of the new house. A picture of the exterior of the house is on my blog. Leave me some! You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and twitter: tufano79. Leave me some.

Z/9nq̴-_