Chapter 22: The Meeting and Surprises

After school, Andrew snuck away to the bleachers outside.

Anna will just have to walk home by herself, I'm not her mother and I'm pretty sure she's old enough to walk home...

Andrew walked behind the bleachers and called out; "Roger? You here?"

"Over here..." Roger stepped down from the back step. "I'm surprised. I didn't think that you would come."

Andrew shoved his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, yeah, yeah...let's just get this over with..."

"I think this will get over pretty fast." His eyes turned hard and sad. "I think I found out what Anna has done."

Andrew gulped. "Well?" He said calmly.

"Ha! How can you stay so calm when you know that you're living with a murderer?! A possibly serial killer at that!"

Andrew stared blankly at Roger. He blinked. "Wait...what?"

Roger ran his hands through his hair. "Ugh! You can't be that stupid! That's right... It took me a while thinking and regathering my thoughts, but I realized that Anna's some kind of temptrest..."

Roger started pacing back and forth, hand on his chin, thinking. "I mean, why else would she go around hooking up with people, only to try to kill them?"

He looked up at Andrew. "But strange thing is that Anna didn't kill anyone. She's tried with others, but only nearly killed me...and what I want to know is why?"

"What do you mean 'she's tried with others? Weren't you the only one who was in danger?"

"Not really...when I was in the hospital, the police came to question me...I told them what I remember feeling since I couldn't remember who done it. They told me that my story almost matches the stories of other people who were at the party. I asked who the other people was, but they wouldn't tell me. So I went to find them myself."

Roger beckoned something from around the corner to come over. Andrew turned in that direction. A group of people came walking over. There had to be at least 15 to 20 people. Boys, girls, even Kenny Simon was there.

What...what did Anna do? Did she bite all these people? She even bit Kenny?

Roger continued, "Tonight I'm calling the police on her. I've got proof, and witnesses, I'll show everyone what Anna is-"

"You can't be serious!" Andrew exclaimed.

Kenny moved forward. "Dude, hear us out...Anna...there's something not right about her. There's something twisted about her...and weird."

You mean besides being an egotistical brat?

Roger spoke up again, “We’re doing this for the good of the people Andrew. Anna is serial murderer and she has got to be behind bars. Im calling the police tonight and if you do anything to disrupt this I’ll make sure that arrested too. Come on guys, we’ve got to prepare the evidence.”

Roger and his group turned to leave as Andrew spoke up. “Well what evidence do you have?! You probably don’t have any proof!”

Roger turned around, “Oh yeah?” he turned to the group. “Show him.”

One by one, they exposed their necks. Some exposed their wrists. But the only thing that was similar was the ugly jagged scar that puckered from the skin. It was mostly healed but it was still bad. Andrew stared aghast at the scars. Roger smirked sadly and turned to leave.

So that’s how it’s like when she doesn’t close the wound. That idiot! She is officially neck deep in trouble…I can’t have my parents know about this. Who knows how much problems this will cause them?! And if they find out about Anna’s true being, then we’re all screwed! Damn Anna…

The sun was setting slightly when Andrew returned home. He sat in his car once again, thinking about what he should do.

Crap, crap, crap! What the heck am I going to do? I tell my parents what really happened at that party, then they will never forgive me. If the police actually does believe Roger’s evidence then we’re all screwed! If I expose Anna…what’s the worse that can happen? She’ll eat us? Maybe I should just tell the truth… what’s the worst that came happen?

Andrew got out of his car and stared at the sky. The sun has moved down the sky some more, so it was probably around 5 o’clock. He sighed and ran his fingers through his brown hair and walked towards the backdoor. He didn’t feel like getting attack by Benny’s licking today.

He opened the door that lead to the kitchen. “Mom? Dad? You guys home? I have something to tell you…”

Andrew’s mom came walking up to him stiffly. She had a very nervous and scared look in her eyes. “Andrew! You’re home late today! Is everything ok?” she said through gritted teeth.

Andrew was a little creeped out. His mom never acts like this; usually she’d express her feelings by giving him a good smack on the head (which one time left a bad bruise on the side of his head).

Andrew rubbed his head in memory of that pain. “Uh, yeah…listen mom. I have to tell you-“

Andrew’s mom laughed falsely and loud. “Oh, that’s funny Andrew! Here why don’t you help me get the cookies and china set? We have some guests!”  Her mouth was smiling and laughing, but her eyes were saying Get help!

“Mom?” Andrew said nervously. “You’re scaring me…”

His mom laughed again. “What ever do you mean? Hey, could you get me the white doilies… they’re in the bottom cabinet.”

Andrew nervously bent down to get them, as he reached to get them his mom whispered in his ear.

“Andrew, there are people in our living room. They say that they are related to Anna…I think that they are here to take Anna back to Romania. Anna’s sitting in the living room scared as hell. I’m scared, they look like dangerous people…and I have no idea what to do.”

Andrew looked at his mom. “Are you serious?” he whispered back.

“Does this face look like I’ m joking?!” whispered shrilly.

“What do you suppose we do?” he said looking toward the hall that lead to the living room. There wasn’t any noise coming from the room.

“Just act cool, be nice, and compromise a deal. Maybe they want money.” She took the doilies, china set, and tea while Andrew took the cookies. “Hopfully nothing bad happens…I mean what could possibly go wrong?”

A lot of things, mom…a lot of things…     

******************

Hey, hey, hey!

What could possbly go wrong? we all know what that means! :O

if you don't, well then i recommend that you wait for the next chapter!

Anyway... y'all are smart enough to know what i'm going to say next... but i'll say it anyway!

Read! Comment! Vote!

Note: This Story Should be enjoyed with chocolate.....yum :P