Chapter 9: Getting the Scoop on Anna

CHAPTER 9: Getting the Scoop on Anna

        “Hi honey”, Andrew’s mom called out from the kitchen. “How was your – Ugh! What is that smell?” She ran out of the kitchen and sniffed Andrew. She quickly covered her nose. Even Andrew’s dog, Benny, wouldn’t come to lick his face like he normally did. He whined and covered his nose with his paw.

“I don’t what  you do at football practice, but at least you could shower after you’re done.” Andrew heard a faint sound of laughing up stairs in the guest room.

     Great now she’s laughing at me. He walked up the stairs and headed straight for the bathroom.

         The water felt good as it hit his body. He had a lot on his mind; most of it was about what happened in the car. Thinking about it still kind of scared him.

    While he was putting on his shirt in his room, he heard the screeching from the bathroom again. That’s it! I’ve had it with her! I will find out about her. He stomped out of his room and made his way to Anna’s room. To his surprise, Anna’s room wasn’t locked. He crept inside and what he saw threw him off his guard; the guest bed room was change from a dainty normal bedroom to a five star European hotel. The walls were painted a dark wine color, covering the windows were sheer black curtains; there was a four poster bed with a canopy and huge comforters and pillows, and other lavish items.

         What the – How in the world did she get all these?

       “Do you like it?” a voice said from behind him. He turned around and saw Anna leaning against the door frame, she had on her clothes but her hair was still soaking wet. Her expression was unreadable, and that made him feel uncomfortable. She walked inside and past him and sat on her fluffy recliner chair. She didn’t mention anything about the car incident and silence hung in the air like a thick blanket. She stared at him with intense gray eyes, making his discomfort increase. Finally, Anna decided to break the silence.                                                                     “Care to explain about what happened in the car.” She said with impatience tugging at her voice. He didn’t know what to say.

     “Ahem, I thought...that you were... a banshee vampire.” He explained, his face turning red.

    “And what does that have to do with pelting me with garlic, rosaries, and a flashlight?”

   “Those were a banshee vampire’s weaknesses.”

    “And what made you think that I was a ‘banshee vampire’?”

    He cleared his throat again. “I went on the internet and thought I’d research about you.” Then he told her about what he found on the internet. When he finished, Anna just stared at him and said, “You should not believe fairy tales and myths, you know.” Then she handed him a brush and a bottle. Andrew’s face went ‘?

    “You are going to brush my hair with jasmine oil and you’re going to give me a pedicure as payment for attacking me with garlic.”

    Andrew sighed and started brushing her hair, he felt like an idiot. But he seized the chance to get the dirt on her. He was just about to ask her a question when Anna interrupted: “If you are going to ask me pathetic questions about what am I, you can forget it.”  Andrew was taken aback.

      “How did you know I was going to ask you that?”

       “Why else would you go walking around with garlic and rosaries screaming ‘Die Banshee, Die?”