Chapter 21: Thoughts Before the Meeting

CHAPTER 21: Thoughts Before the Meeting

Was he serious? Andrew thought as he rushed towards his car in the hospital parking lot. Is he seriously going to find out about Anna? He has to be joking...he's not right in the head...

Andrew reached his car and sat inside of it. He put the key into the ignition but moved the car nowhere. He just sat with his head on the streering wheel...for a couple of hours. Finally he sighed deeply, ran his fingers through his hair and pinched the bridge of his nose.

What the hell am I going to do?

He exhaled angerily, put the car in drive and speed home...

Andrew arrived home with his mind in rags. How am I going to solve this? Wait..why do I have to solve this? What the hell is Anna putting me through? Ugh...

He opened the door and was attacked by Anna and Benny.

Anna gripped his shirt collar while Benny barked around his knees.

"What happened?" Anna asked. "Well? Tell me! Were you approached by anyone? Nothing seemed out of the ordinary?"

"Whoa! Calm down Anna! Down, Benny!" Benny whimpered, licked his face once more and ran off into the kitchen.

Andrew looked coldly at Anna, "I'll talk to you later. Where's mom?"

"I'm in the kitchen, honey!" His mom shouted from the kitchen. "How was your day?"

"Oh, it was ok...hey do we any of those cookies left?"

Andrew pushed pass Anna and sauntered towards the kitchen, ignoring Anna icy glare at his back.

                                                                   **********************

After a couple of hours of purposely chatting with his parents, Andrew slowly climbed up the stairs. He started walked towards his room when he was suddenly snatched into Anna's room.

"Hey-" a hand was suddenly clamped shut over his mouth.

"You will tell me what happened today...did you speak to anyone strange? Tell me!" Anna's eyes glowed with anger as she snarled close to his face.

He pushed her away. "Geez, what's your probelm? What's your obession with these strange strangers? Why do you care about who I talk to?" Anna glared at him silently.

"If you really want to know I went to the hospital. To talk to the guy you almost murdered! And to make matters worse; he remembers who decided to slit his throat with their teeth!"

"Oh believe me, things could get a lot worse..." Anna mumbled.

"Ugh!" Andrew ran fingers through his hair in anger. He threw his hands up. "Are you kidding me?! The guy recognized you! He thinks your some type of killer! He's trying 'figure you out', and all you care about is if things could get worse?! Things are already bad as it is! Ugh! I can't believe you!"

A knock sounded from behind Anna's locked door.

"Uh...you guys ok in there?" Andrew's dad voice asked them. "I heard some arguing in there..."

"Yeah dad...we're fine..." Andrew pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You sure? I could get your mom up here and we could have a family discussion, if you want?"

"Uh, no...thank you Tom...but Andrew and I will be fine", Anna chimed in.

"Ok then...oh, dinner's gonna be ready in a half hour."