F i f t y - f o u r

Start from the beginning

We, the bridesmaids and the groomsmen, follow after them back into the building and into the room where we got ready. I place my bouquet on the table beside the door where the others bridesmaids have put theirs. Natasha gets her makeup touched up and the photographer takes more pictures. The cameraman is also standing by, taking a video to capture every moment of their special day.

"Where's the alcohol?!" Aiden shouts. His best man grabs a bottle of champagne from the table and hands it to him. Aiden takes it and shakes it before popping the cork off. Fizzy champagne flies in the air but he makes sure to aim it where no one is standing, not wanting to ruin anyone's expensive dresses or suits.

We all grab a champagne glass that is laid out on top of the far table in the room. Aiden fills everyone's glasses, having to use another bottle since there are so many of us. Fourteen people to be exact; the bride, the groom, six bridesmaids, and six groomsmen.

"To love," he raises his glass while staring into his wife's eyes.

"To love," we all cheer back. We clink glasses and take a sip of the fizzy champagne.

While everyone relaxes and drinks more alcohol, I sit one of the sofas and grab my phone from the table in front of me. I check to see if I have any notifications and a smile is immediately on my face when I see a few texts from Harry.

Harry 💖: I miss you, I want to see your gorgeous face :( xx.

Harry 💖: Are you going to join cocktail hour?

Me: We haven't even been apart from each other for that long! Haha

Me: And I think I will in a bit :)

Harry 💖: One second away from you is already too long for me to handle :( </3

Harry 💖: And thank goodness. I feel so intimidated since I don't really know anyone. I'm just staying with your grandma and Amelia the whole time, following them around as they mingle.

Me: I bet you're doing amazing, babe. Just continue being your dashing self, I'll see you soon. 😘 xoxo

"Bored already?" I hear someone say from beside me. I lock my phone and place it on my lap as I look at the person. He smiles warmly at me and sits by my side. His name is Brad and he's Aiden's close friend. He has hazel eyes and a nice trimmed beard. His brown hair is gelled up in a quiff on top of his head. He has a structured face and a muscle build body.

"Oh, no," I lightly laugh. "Just taking a seat since my feet are already starting to ache," I reply. It is true, my feet are aching already and the wedding just started.

"Oh, okay," he chuckles and continues looking at me. I look away and sip more champagne, feeling slightly uncomfortable under his stare. "You look lovely in your dress," he grins at me, showing his perfectly straight teeth. I swallow more liquid and turn towards him with a soft smile on my lips.

"Thank you, my boyfriend bought it for me actually." His eyes widen slightly, probably not expecting me to say that. I nod my head, actually feeling sort of flattered from his compliment.

"Your boyfriend is a very lucky man."

"Daisy, come here!" Aiden's sister, Rose waves me over. I mentally thank her for doing that and give Brad a small smile before standing up and walking over to the rest of the bridesmaids. "What was that between you and Brad," she teasingly wiggles her eyebrows at me. I shake my head from her joke since she well knows I'm taken. 

"He tried hitting on me. But I mentioned the b-word and he backed off, thankfully," I lightly laugh.

"He's very sexy," Clara, Natasha's friend adds in. I follow her gaze and see she's staring right at him.