Chapter 8- Unexpected Visitors

Start from the beginning

"Hey Con." I tried to sound casual as we pulled away, but was unsure whether it was successfully.

The bell rang before he could respond, and Lilly and Alex gave me a thumbs up over their shoulders as they rushed away.

Conner gave me a fluorescent smile that made my knees go weak, securing my waist again in his arm as we started walking. I looked around, realizing that everyone was inside, no doubt hurrying to get to class. Smiling, I kissed his cheek, before resting my head on his shoulder.

And arm in arm, we walked into school, not the least bit worried that someone will catch us being a tad more than friendly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang, signaling lunch time. Students poured into the courtyard, going to their acclaimed tables and various cliques with a buzz of chatter.

Alex, Lilly and I moved to sit under our tree, where Conner was already lounging. Sitting down, Conner shot me a wink that made my pulse speed up. I distractedly looked through my bag for my lunch, until I heard an uncertain voice.

"Ummm, excuse me? I'm new to this school, and  was wondering if I could maybe sit with you." I looked up, and saw that it was the cute blond from the parking lot.

"No way in hell lover-boy." Alex shot daggers at him.

"Loverboy?" He echoed.

"Yeah." Lilly chipped in. "You practically undressed us with your eyes this morning."

"He did what?" Conner glared.

"Oh." He actually smiled. "I think there's been a little mix up." He looked over his shoulder to where he was flirting shamelessly with a slutty red head.

Wait, what?

"That's Jerry, my idiot twin brother." He explained.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now that I thought about it, Jerry had much brighter blond hair, and brighter blue eyes. But something told me this twin was still much brighter.

"I'm Tom." He smiled.

"Oh." Alex said, putting on her flirt face now that she knew he wasn't the same guy as this morning. "In that case, please do sit down."

Tom sat down in between Alex and Lilly, and Lilly scooted closer to me uncomfortably.

"Wait." I said. "Your parents named you Tom and Jerry?" Lilly choked on her laughter, but Conner was still giving him a suspicious glare.

Tom sighed. "Yeah."

One glance at Alex and Lilly, and we all burst out laughing.

Tom hid his face in his hands. "I'm never going to live this down, am I?"

"Nope." Alex said, sill clutching her middle while she laughed.

Conner was stonily silent the entire time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking toward the exit, to watch Conner during his soccer practice. Tom turned out to be a pretty cool guy, and was in my history class. Alex was constantly attempting to flirt with him, and he continued to politely brushed it off, so I figured he couldn't be that bad. But I couldn't help but notice how he kept sneaking glances towards Lilly, who was being unusually silent.

Naturally, Conner had not been nearly as fond of him.

My hand was on the schools front entrance door, when someone touched my arm.

"Hey Selena."

Turning around, I saw Travis smiling at me, looking as hot and blond as ever now that he wasn't wearing a sweater vest.