Chapter fourteen. - part two.

ellington pulled back from what felt like the hundredth kiss. "thank you for letting me come over to meet your siblings but i gotta get going..."

"no please don't go." rydel quickly interrupted, climbing into his lap and kissing his neck softly a few times.

ellington closed his eyes for a few seconds, enjoying being kissed. "i could stay a bit, i saw you have a barbecue. maybe i could grill some stuff."

"you? barbecue?" rydel asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest.

"um, y-yeah?" ellington stuttered, blushing in embarrassment. they both knew barbecuing wasn't his thing and he was trying to seen manly.

"it's so cute how you're trying to be the dude." rydel told him, giggling. "but i'll work the grill. the boys will wanna hang with you."

"you've got a pool, we could have a swim too." ellington said, smiling a lot.

"cool, cool.." rydel mumbled, smiling a bit but seeming less enthusiastic.

she climbed off of him, the both of them standing up.

"so you guys change and we can meet at the pool?" ellington asked her.

rydel sighed, sliding her hands into her pockets and looking down shyly. "the boys can't swim. my dad taught me before the accident but never taught the boys.."

"oh. well, that's okay. i'll teach them." ellington said, smiling positively.

rydel's face lit up. "you'd do that? aw, you just keep getting cuter."

"yeah, i'll go get my swimming shorts and meet you guys back here." he kissed her cheek, leaving.

-------------------------------------------

ellington returned to rydel's place almost an hour later, dressed in nothing but a pair of swimming shorts, some sunglasses and some sandals. he had a rucksack over his shoulder and a smile on his face as he wandered into the lynch backyard.

the hot sun beat down on the backyard, giving it a happy yet chilled out vibe. the swimming pool had been uncovered, leaving the blue water sparkling under the sun.

in the corner of the backyard by the house, there was a barbecue grill that had been lit and the flames dancing were visible.

ellington smiled as he approached his girlfriend who was casually standing by the grill, only wearing a black bikini and sunglasses as she puffed from a cigarette, blowing smoke circles into the air.

he slid the cigarette out from between her fingers, throwing it onto the barbecue and watching the dancing flames engulf it. he turned back to see her eyebrows raised and a pissed off look on her face.

"you promised me you'd try to quit." he told her before kissing his sassy girlfriend passionately on the lips for several seconds. "otherwise i won't ever do that again."

"i'm sorry, it was just one," she told him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

he smiled, kissing all over her face. "you do have the most perfect body though baby.." he whispered in her ear.

her cheeks flushed red. "thank you cutie. i love yours too."

"g-gross.." the sound of stutters came from behind ell and he turned around to see ryland in swimming shorts and his headphones, giggling.

ellington laughed, high fiving him. "you ready to swim?"

ryland nodded confidently. "i-if i c-can t-talk without s-stuttering, i-i can s-s-swim!" he cheered.