Chapter ten.

ellington awoke the following morning with bad cramp in his back. he knew sleeping on the chair would do this to him but he didn't want her to get the wrong impression if he slept alongside her. he rubbed his eyes and stretched upwards. he looked at his bed and sighed when he realised that she was gone. he desperately wanted to know what was wrong with her so he pulled on his jacket and set off on a search for her.

he walked down to the field they usually sat at, to see if he could see her there.

he didn't see her.

in fact, he didn't see her all week.

he had heard that she had been at multiple parties all week. the rumours included word about her winning many drinking competitions, getting into brutal fights, smoking cigarettes and other illegal substances, as well as many more crazy plots, including blowing up someone's car which he didn't really believe but seemed like a possibility on top of the other blur of stories that had been passed around. he didn't know what to believe.

summer was approaching quickly and that reflected with the amount of studying ellington was swamped with for finals. the second the bell sounded on friday, he left the classroom as fast as he could. he already knew he wouldn't be able to focus on studying. all he would be thinking about was rydel. he was partially glad he hadn't seen her because seeing her in a drunken state would only anger him but he missed her so much and no matter how much he told honestly she would be okay, he didn't believe himself.

he was walking back to his dorm room when someone wrapped their arms around him. he immediately jumped, being unprepared for any kind of torture anyone would find amusing to set upon him. however he was surprised when he saw a blonde girl, giggling from behind her dark sunglasses.

he took a second to calm himself before looking down and hugging the books positioned in his arms tighter and continuing to walk.

she grabbed his arm to stop him.

he didn't look up at her, his eyes fixed on the ground as he stopped. "what do you want?"

"you." she told him, slamming her lips onto his and kissing him hard. she slid her tongue into his mouth but he just attempted to push her away. he didn't feel the spark she usually made him feel and he could taste the sickening amount of alcohol on her breath.

"why didn't you kiss back?" she asked, pulling back and looking at him, through the dark sunglasses in confusion.

"because i haven't seen you all week and then you just run up to kiss me and your intoxicated. plus, i was so worried about you!" he yelled, not caring he was making a scene.

"chill rookie, i told you not to get attached.." she told him, trying to get him to lower her voice as she looked from side to side and down in embarrassment that she was with him.

"whatever." he huffed, pushing her away and starting to walk again. she ran up behind him, determined not to let him go. she grabbed his arm again.

"please." she whispered. "im sorry ive been busy. i'll tell you about it. meet me at the lockers in three hours and i will explain it all. i promise."

something about her voice. something about the way she grabbed his arm and the pleading look in her eyes that tricked him into believing her innocence.

"in exactly three hours. no later." he said to her softly.

she nodded and smiled slightly before letting go of his arm.

ellington walked the rest of the way back to his dorm room, thinking what the hell did he agree to meeting her for? she had made him worried sick all week and now he decided to drop everything to meet up with her. he sighed and shook his head to his own stupidity, making his way into the dorm building. he walked along towards his room when he was tackled to the ground by a bulky guy.

the guy had a strong and mean face with a square jaw, piercing misty grey eyes and a scowl on his face. he was definitely on the football team and that was obvious by his square shoulders and strong grip. the only thing that made him even slightly okay to look at was his green hair that looked so unnatural it was funny but thanks to being winded by him, ellington was in no laughing mood.

the guy picked him up roughly, pinning him again the wall under his armpits so the two of them were face to face. "listen here punk..." the guy began.

'im a punk?' ellington thought to himself, but he didnt dare say it. 'you're the one with green hair!'

"I said listen!" the guy spat on his face, catching his full attention. "you're an ignorant little piece of shit, you know that?"

the guy raised a hand, slapping ellington's face with some force. ellington closed his eyes tightly, trying to ignore the pain throbbing in his cheek. the hit came again and again, each time harder than the last. the three slaps were followed by a punch to the face which bust ellington's lip and began a nose bleed.

"that was because your girlfriend dyed my hair green!" he viciously screamed to ellington.

he dropped ellington to the floor and he handed in a heap. the guy then began to kick him and punch him all over, ellington pleading for him to stop the whole time and crying in pain. he kicked him hard in the stomach winding him again and once hard in the eye, a bruise immediately beginning to form. "and that was because your girlfriend blew up my car!" he added in rage, stepping back to 'admire his work.'

"w-why did y-you h-hit m-me?" ellington stuttered quietly.

"I can't hit a girl." the guy replied, walking away casually and leaving ellington in a sobbing heap on the floor.

the pain of his injuries overwhelmed him and he tried to get up, finding it difficult to. there was a throbbing pain in his head that wasn't going away and he could hear his heart beating in his ears. he began to panic, but not for long. he heard someone shouting for help before he blacked out.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, I REALLY WANNA UPDATE!!!! TEN COMMENTS AT LEAST? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?