Chapter 11: The Other Brothers Elric, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Dammit..." he mutters.

Suddenly a man barges through the door. "Elisa! Elisa, are you alright?" The man is carrying lemons at his side. Elisa smiles.

"Uncle Belsio!" she just about runs to him but her dad grabs her hand. "Daddy?"

"Get out. You've got some nerve showing your face in my house now, after almost getting my poor daughter killed. Listen to me Elisa, no matter what he says, you are not to help him with his work ever again."

The man they call Belsio looks upset.

"No daddy." Elisa says which makes the man look up in shock. "None of that was uncle Belsio's idea! I begged him to let me help out!" suddenly she's coughing so her dad hands her water.

"I'm sorry honey. Drink this."

Ed is making a curious look and now I'm wondering why. While Ed does that Belsio goes to put the lemons on the table then walks out and while he's closing the door behind him, he looks back and says, "I am sorry." then the door is shut and it's awkwardly silent for a few seconds.

Elisa walks toward the lemons and then starts speaking. "Uncle Belsio said that your lemon pies were always the best, daddy, and that it was a shame that all the lemon farms were shut down. I thought maybe if I helped him... I could taste your pie."

"Don't worry!" one of the men breaks the ice. "Once the Philosopher's Stone has been finished we'll all be rich and we can buy all the fruit we want from some other town."

Suddenly Ed, Al and I are on our feet.

"The Philosophers stone?!" Ed says with his hands on the table and a serious expression on his face.

"Yes! That's it! You three must have come here to assist Mr. Mugwar in his research! Then finish the Philosophers Stone!" Elisa's dad says excitedly.

I stop listening because I'm tired. Ed and Al can fill me in later. I just about drift off to sleep on the floor when suddenly I'm lifted by the collar of my shirt and tossed out the door with Ed and Al.

'What the Hell?!' I sign.

"What was that about?!" Ed yells and now I'm confused.

"Shut up! The real Elric brothers are already working to save our town up there!" the dad says while pointing to what looked like a mansion. He slams the door shut while he and everyone else go inside.

Al fills me in about what happened inside.

'Okay, what about me? They only said Elric brothers. I guess it's good that my name isn't being tarnished." I sign and grin.

"Now why would somebody go around using our names?" Ed says to Al and I feel just a tiny bit left out but I should really be grateful that my name isn't being used.

'I'm out. I'm not relevant to this. Unfair anyway. You guys get to fight your doubles while I sit on the sidelines and watch? I don't think so. Have fun!'
I smile and wave as I walk away.

"You're just gonna leave us here?! One day you're gonna get lost, you know?!" Ed yells at me.

'Today's not that day!' I sign then break into a sprint.

I'm tired and cold. I can't help them fight tonight, I'd be useless.

I lay on the ground to catch some shut eye when that Belsio guy walks up and asks if I need a place to crash. I nod and inform him on a piece of paper, that I can't speak. I sleep through the night on his couch.

When I wake up in the morning I see Ed and Al. I wonder how they got here. Maybe the same way I did. Edward is sleeping and he looks like a child. It's adorable... and nostalgic, really.

Ed, Al, Elisa and Belsio are up now but I'm pretending to sleep still. I hear Ed say he's leaving and then Belsio asks Al to go get Elisa's medicine so he agrees and then leaves too. It's just Elisa, Belsio and I now. Eventually, I'm not pretending anymore. I drift back into sleep, I honesty think I could sleep my life away if given the chance.

3 hours later:
Van POV:
"Mom! Look at that star right there! It's so beautiful, isn't it? It reminds me of you." I look up at my mom and smile while she smiles back.

"You're such a sweetie. Thank you, dear."

Suddenly lights are flashing before my eyes. Purple, blue, black, a tinge of pink. Glass is breaking, pages are flipping. Al's being dragged into the gate and I can't reach him in time to save him. Ed's limbs are being ripped off by the forces of alchemy. This isn't what I wanted. Now I see something. Mom!... No, not mom... what is that? No! No! No! That thing isn't human!

I awake with a cold sweat and a jolt. Belsio is by my side.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I try to speak then remember that I can't so I just nod my head, yes, even though I'm really not okay at all. I slowly lay back down then I feel a hand on my forehead.

"Looks like you have a fever. Stay here. I'll go get you a cold cloth. Try to take another nap, I'll get you water too."

By the time I'm writing on a piece of paper he's gone but I write anyway because I know he'll be back soon.

'You don't have to take care of me. You already have to take care of Elisa. Focus on her, I'm sure I'll be fine.'

When he gets back and reads it, all he says is, "I help people who need to be helped. You're sick. it doesn't take much to watch someone who has a fever so don't worry about it." then he walks away. I drift into sleep once again but this time I don't dream.

Ed and Al try to get me up at night to come with them to the mansion again tonight but I punch them so they leave.

A/N:
I know it's been awhile, so sorry about that. Everything is going down with Ed, Al, Fletcher and Russell but I don't feel like writing all about it so I'm not getting the main character involved in this arc that much. Sorry if you liked this arc. I just found it boring so I don't want to write about it.