Chapter Twenty Seven // The Police

- Elizabeth's POV -

"Tomorrow your lessons will be cancelled, there will be an assembly ran by the police to find out who caused the fire" One of the dinner ladies announced around the room, everybody cheered as we didn't have a proper day of school tomorrow but I was terrified. It was dinner time in the boarding house, the dinner room was crowded with girls.

I was sitting with Amber eating pie, she was rambling on about how annoyed she was that we didn't have lessons tomorrow. She had been working on her English homework the night before for hours and was excited to give it in, I rolled my eyes at her. I watched Priya and Carrie-Anne who were sitting across the room as I listened to Amber, they looked anxious.

"I need to get an A in English or I'm screwed, I've really worked hard-"

Carrie-Anne glanced across the room at me, we made eye contact and she told me to come over to their table. I completely blanked Amber and what she was saying to me before getting up and walking across the room.

"Whats up?" I asked them as I sat down beside Priya, she smiled at me and Carrie-Anne leaned into the middle of the table as if she was about to explain a secret mission.

"We really need to lay low about the fire, especially at the police assembly tomorrow.." Carrie-Anne whispered while looking around the room, me and Priya nodded.

"There is no way they could find out who it was, unless the security cameras caught it.." I said, Priya stared at me in fear. Priya didn't mean to start the fire, she is in a bad place mentally but I don't think that would stop her from getting in trouble.

Suddenly Ashley stormed into the dinner room and strutted across to the table we were sitting on, she threw pieces of paper on the table before sitting down beside Carrie-Anne. The pieces of paper all had phone numbers on them, we all stared at Ashley in confusion.

"I had a field trip today with the boys from the other school, fifteen phone numbers!" She shouted while laughing, then she noticed I was sitting at their table. She looked me up and down then glanced back at Priya.

"Are you part of our gang now? I hope not" Ashley muttered, Carrie-Anne rolled her eyes.

"Whoever started the fire has fucked up so bad, it's clear it was their first time smoking" Ashley carried on making fun of the person who caused the fire. She stopped giggling to herself and stared at Priya before gasping and pointing to her, shit.

"I gave you a cigarette an hour before it happened! You've never smoked in your life!" Ashley shouted at Priya before bursting into heaps of laughter, Priya buried her face in her hands.

"Shut up okay?! You can't tell anybody that it was her" Carrie-Anne snapped at Ashley, she is so protective over Priya. Ashley stared at Carrie-Anne in shock.

"Wow! She speaks!" She shouted while patting Carrie-Anne's back, Priya was still hiding her face in shame at the situation.

"We just have to find somebody to blame the fire on, then Priya is off the hook" Ashley whispered, she began to look around the dinner room before staring at me with a smirk. I stared back at her angrily.

"Fuck off Ashley" I said with a grin, Ashley rolled her eyes and continued to look around.

Suddenly the dinner room door opened and Jade entered, she sat down by herself in the corner of the room and Ashley began to laugh evilly. I guess we know who she is going to blame it on.

"The lesbian will do. They're always angry right?" Ashley asked, we all stared at her as if she didn't have a brain (I really don't think she does). Ashley got up and ran out of the dinner room as if she was planning how to blame the fire on Jade, this wasn't going to end well. Carrie-Anne ran after her with an angry expression.