Chapter Five // Lunch Time

- Elizabeth's POV -

It was midday now which meant lunch time! Finally, I was so hungry. The lunch room was absolutely packed with girls, everybody was lining up to get something from the kitchen. Me and Amber decided to find somewhere to sit or else we would end up on the floor, we were waiting for a while until the line had died down and then we would go and buy our lunch.

The lunch room was just like I expected it to be, everybody was huddled in their posse's and groups which meant each table belonged to a different group. The witches were in the corner of the room right next to the window, the girls who had their heads buried in books were sitting in the middle, the ones who didn't give a shit about anything were in the other corner of the room drawing on the tables and then there were the normal ones who kept quiet to avoid being attacked by the girls who thought they were incredible.

I couldn't hear myself think because there was so much noise in the room and it was overly crowded, I think the school should invest in another lunch room. Suddenly there was a voice shouting over everybody else.

"EXCUSE ME EVERYONE!" A posh voice shouted, everybody's attention was drawn to the corner of the lunch room where Ashley was standing on top of the table. Everybody instantly stopped talking and watched her in confusion.

"I have something important to tell you all" Ashley carried on while playing with her curly red hair, Priya was also sitting at this table but she had her head in her hands. She clearly didn't like Ashley's plan.

"What the hell is she doing.." Amber whispered to me, I glanced at her and shrugged my shoulders before bringing my attention back to Ashley.

"We have a dirty lesbo in our company right now.. There she is!" Ashley shouted while pointing across a few tables to where Jade was sitting alone with her sandwiches. Every girl in the room had their eyes on her and suddenly there was a roar of laughter travelling around the room. Everybody was pointing and laughing at Jade, it was awful. I guess there are a lot of homophobic people in this school.

Jade looked like she could handle the embarrassment of having a bitch come out for her, she didn't seem phased by her sexuality or about how many people knew she was a lesbian. The laughter continued on for a few minutes and that's when she had enough, Jade grabbed her bag and stormed out of the lunch room as everybody laughed louder at her getting upset.

Amber stood up and pushed through the crowds of laughing girls, she was chasing after Jade.

"Amber no!" I shouted before sighing loudly and sitting down again, she was gone.

- Amber's POV -

Jade was storming down the corridor while stomping her feet to show how angry she was, I hurried after her while repeatedly calling her name.

"Jade! Stop! Calm down!" I shouted while following her, she stopped walking and looked back at me with anger painted across her face.

"Can you just go away?! I don't even know you and I don't need your help!" Jade screamed angrily before continuing to walk down the corridor. She was pulling posters and peoples art work off the walls, she kicked the random chairs which sat in the corridors. I could tell she was crying now as I followed after her even if she told me not to, she sniffed loudly every so often.

"Ashley is stupid, she doesn't understand anything" I said calmly to Jade, she began to laugh at my comment.

"She doesn't understand? Neither do you! You have no idea what it's like to have people make fun of you for who you are interested in. It's pathetic and it's tiring!" Jade shouted while approaching me and pointing at my chest when she spoke, I stepped back slightly and sighed to myself.

"I don't even remember your name so please just leave me alone before I force you to" Jade said quietly, I made no comment. She turned away from me and walked down the corridor again with her head lowered. I watched her for a moment until I decided to head back to the lunch room to get my bag and join Effie again.

Everybody stared at me as they exited the lunch room and walked passed me, I stopped walking and stairs back at the strangers who were looking me up and down while giggling. I turned back around to enter the lunch room but instead I was faced with Priya, Ashley and Carrie-Anne. Great.

"Did you catch up with your girlfriend?" Ashley asked me with a smirk, Priya bit her lip to hold in her laughter. I stared at them expressionless.

"I don't even know Jade and I'm straight. So no" I told them while crossing my arms, Carrie-Anne stood behind the witches with a sympathetic smile on her face. Ashley rolled her eyes and glanced at Priya.

"Whatever, see you later troll" Priya muttered while pushing passed me, Ashley laughed loudly and also pushed me out of the way.

"Bye Amber" Carrie-Anne whispered while waving to me, I looked at her in confusion.

"Shut up Carrie-Anne!" Ashley and Priya shouted while strutting off, I sighed loudly and saw Effie approaching me. She pulled me in close for a hug.

"We just have to ignore them now, they are capable of doing anything as we just saw with the whole Jade situation.." She told me while hugging me, I nodded slowly. The bell rang which meant it was time for our first computer class. I followed Effie down the corridor and up the stairs to our next lesson, the second floor of the school was much more quiet than the rowdy bottom floor.

We entered the computer suite to see that the witches weren't in our class! I sighed with relief and walked around the room looking for somewhere to sit. Effie spotted Carrie-Anne sitting on her own in the corner of the room, she was drawing flowers on her left hand.

Effie approached her and sat down in front of the computer which was next to her, I followed her and sat on the one next to her. Carrie-Anne looked up at us and smiled slightly.

"Can I ask you something Carrie-Anne?" Effie whispered to her as the class began to start, she nodded and turned her chair around to us so we knew that we had her full attention. The teacher in this class didn't seem to care what we did, he was eating a Twix bar while tapping his foot to the radio station that he was blasting at full volume.

"Why are you friends with Priya and Ashley? They are so rude to everybody and to you too" Effie asked her, she looked at both of us before sighing loudly.

"Priya is like a sister to me and we have been best friends since the beginning. She needs me around because she has gone through a lot in the past" Carrie-Anne explained with a frown on her face, we knew it was something serious due to Carrie-Anne getting so worked up and upset about the topic. I can't see a selfish person like Priya having any trouble in life, she seems to be happy.

"Excuse me class but where is Jade? She is on this register but not here" The teacher asked everybody in the room, nobody spoke out about what happened at lunch time.

"Jade is probably never going to come to school because of Ashley's shit little stunt" I whispered angrily to Carrie-Anne, Effie stared at me in shock.

"I-It's not my fault, don't tell me off" Carrie-Anne replied while turning away from us and logging onto her computer.

"You can hang with us if you want, you seem like a nice person" Effie said to Carrie-Anne a minute later, I felt bad for almost lashing out at her but she does nothing to stop her friends from upsetting people.

"I wouldn't be able to do that, Priya wouldn't let me. Thanks for the offer though" Carrie-Anne said with a grin, Priya wouldn't let her?! Carrie-Anne is like Priya's puppet, she does whatever she says and is clearly miserable while doing so.

I began to feel worried about Jade because she didn't show up for class, what if she's setting the boarding house on fire with the lighter she uses to light her cigarettes? I sighed loudly and tried to shake the thought from my head.