Chapter Forty Four // 'Priya Parker Is A Lesbian'

- Amber's POV - 

I woke up to start a brand new day of learning, exciting right?! I got out of bed and realised that Effie still hadn't returned from wherever she got off to the night before, I was extremely worried about her. I left her exactly twenty messages on her phone asking if she was in trouble but she didn't answer any of them, I had a bad feeling about this..

I quickly got ready so that I could spend half an hour before school to search for Effie with no ideas on where to look. I walked through the crowded corridors with a nervous expression on my face, she could be hurt or lost and nobody knows. The first place I looked on the bottom floor of the boarding house was the common room, it was surprisingly empty at this time except for one person. Connie was sitting in the kitchen eating some toast, she smiled at me while wiping some butter off her face. I approached her and felt the need to hit her after what she did yesterday, Effie was clearly in a state now that she had arrived. 

"Guess what? Me and Elizabeth shared a kiss last night.. It was quite magical" Connie told me while giggling happily, I stared at her weirdly before laughing and shaking my head. Does she expect me to believe that? Effie hates her and would never kiss her, she wouldn't even hug her for that matter. 

"Yeah, I'm sure you did" I said sarcastically before turning away from her and leaving the common room, I didn't see the point in asking Connie if she had seen Effie because I know she would make up something stupid to annoy me. I've only known of her existence for a day and I'm positive she would pull a stunt like that. 

I left the boarding house while sighing in frustration, school was starting so I had to go there and end my pathetic search of finding Effie. I was hoping she would turn up at school and if she didn't I knew I would have to tell a teacher, she could be in danger. When I entered the busy corridors of the school I spotted Priya standing by her locker, she was alone and had her head almost buried inside it as if she was hiding from somebody. I approached her and tapped her on the shoulder, she jumped slightly before turning to me. 

"Have you seen Effie today?" I asked her with a smile, she looked me up at down in disgust before closing her locker. 

"No" Priya snapped as she walked off, I watched her leave in confusion. Why is she in such a bad mood? I decided to forget about Priya's rudeness before heading to my first class, fingers crossed Effie is there!  I entered the class room and looked around in shock at how quiet and empty it was, my class was usually disruptive and annoying but today it was as if everybody thought school was cancelled. I sat down at the front like I always do before glancing around and noticing Jade's seat was empty, Effie's seat was also empty beside me and the three musketeers seemed distant and awkward in each others company (Carrie-Anne, Priya and Ashley). What the hell was going on today? 

The rest of the morning was the quietest and emptiest day this school has ever experienced, Jade and Effie still hadn't showed up to any of their classes and I felt even more worried than I did at the beginning of the day. I sat in the back row of Science and our teacher was oblivious to everything that went on in the room, he didn't care if people messed about or refused to do the experiments. My phone buzzed in my dungaree pocket which made me almost jump out of my own skin, I had been daydreaming and avoiding all noise in the room. I glanced down quickly so that the teacher wouldn't catch me, it was a message from Jade.

"Meet me in the corridor outside the cafeteria, it's really important" I rolled my eyes and began to pack up my things. I'm not the type of person who would ditch class but if it's important then I'll go, I do care a lot about my friends.. Especially Jade as we now have something going on. 

"Sorry sir, my stomach really hurts and I think I need to go to the bathroom" I said while raising my hand and interrupting the lesson, everybody glanced back at me and the teacher agreed to let me leave. I thanked him and hurried down the stairs so that I could find Jade and discover what was so important to make me skip class.