Chapter Five

The MRAP roared to life, along with three of the other vehicles, the ring leader shouting out to the side, "Where's Max?!"

His eyes were looking around the street, not seeing him anywhere and the woman who had fought with Nathan earlier replied quickly that Max went after Will from what she saw last. Wes narrowed his eyes, shouting at his team for one of the pairs to split up and bring the last vehicle and to follow him. He faced forward, roughly putting the gear into drive and growled under his breath that Will was going to get a good talking to when back to their base.

Will was always the one who got carried away and went beyond the planned perimeter they were all to stay in. Now the jackass had Wes' star pupil watching his back. Wes and the others needed to get to Max, and get to him fast before Carter and his enforcement. He looked in front of him, seeing that there was no way to get around the police cars pulling to a stop, blocking his path.

Wes fiercely growled, jerking the steering wheel to the right and the MRAP's tries screeched as it disappeared down a different street that had been closed off; snapping the wooden block signs as he drove through them. It was going to take a lot longer, but he'd have to take the long way around in order to find Max and Will.

He reached forward, grabbing the attached walkie from next to the radio and shouted into it, "Will! Max! Do you copy?!"

Releasing the button, Wes anxiously waited for a reply. He glanced in the rear view mirror, keeping sight on his four vehicles then once again shouted into the walkie for some sort of check-in.

With no response, Wes threw the walkie in frustration and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. His eyes were ablaze, staring forward as he kept going up and down the streets to find any sign of where his two men had gone.

Grinding his teeth, Wes snarled that he'd kill Will himself if anything happened to Max.

❦ ღ ❦

It was probably the fastest that he's ran in his life.

Not even at school did he push himself this much, but the giant of a man chasing after him had tapped into Arjen's adrenaline and the thirteen year old was pumping his arms and legs with much force that was record breaking. Arjen grimaced at how painful and tired he was getting. But he forced himself to keep running. He knew he couldn't stop. If he stopped... if he stopped then there was a hundred percent chance that the opportunity to run was slim to none.

Mostly none.

"Gah!"

His lungs throbbed at the excessive use they were taking on, he could feel the burn in his calves, quads, and arms but Arjen leaned his head back, sweat dripping down his temple giving himself another push.

He had no clue where he was going or what way to go.

All Arjen knew---and was grateful for--- was that Ginny was safe.

During the crowd fleeing in a panic, Arjen had been standing with his mother and sister who were trying to gather all the younger children with their parents. It wasn't until they were making their way down the sidewalk with the family that they had heard, "Ginny?! Ginny! Where's Ginny?!"

Arjen stopped, turning around to see Sam's wife, Nia, turning about with wide eyes and calling for her daughter. Nia's fingers raked into the front of her hair, her brown eyes searching frantically the crowd that past.

She bit her lip, her eyes watering as she shouted furiously, "Ginny Travosky, you answer me right this moment!"

When Nia bent forward, gasping out sobs, Arjen's mother ran over to her. Mara helped her up, mumbling something to her as he and his sister went over to the two women. They heard their mother finished telling Nia that they needed to get her to a safe place and that then they'd help her find her daughter.