The truth revealed (Pt. 1)

Chapter 26: The Truth Revealed (Part 1)

Together with Hyuna's doctor who said he had something to tell me, I went into the café at the back of the hospital. After going in, the dotor checked that nobody was around and sat at the table which was the furthest back.

"I apologize for making you walk all the way here..."

"Aniyo...More importantly, what do you want to tell me about Hyuna-ssi?"

"The disease I told you Hyuna-ssi had the other day...That was...a lie."

"Eh...?"

"Hyuna-ssi does have a tumour in her womb. However, it's small and not malignant."

"T...then, removing the womb..."

"That won't be necessary. She also probably feels almost no pain her womb too."

"Then why did Hyuna faint...?"

"That was an act."

"An act?"

"That day, Hyuna-ssi pretended to faint in front of Lee Jun Sung-ssi's room..."

"That's...But, wae...?"

"In order to take Byung Hun-ssi...from you..."

"Eh...?"

"By lying and saying she has uterine cancer, she got Byung Hun-ssi's sympathy. Because of the abortion, the tumor that Hyuna-ssi had since a long time ago had become malignant. That's what I told Byung Hun-ssi...It was all a lie Hyuna-ssi made up..."

So Hyuna's fleeting expression, her stout-hearted behaviour, and her tears had all been lies...? I couldn't believe it right away. so I just stared, dumbfounded, at the doctor.

"It was a few days after she found out about your marriage with Byung Hun-ssi. She contacted me and asked for my cooperation..."

"Why did you cooperate in such a lie...?"

"I met Hyuna-ssi when I was in New York. At that time, Hyuna was afraid the engagement would be called off. If it were called off, she wouldn't able to enter the Lee family and the upper society...So, she asked me, a gynecologist, to write fake patient records for her pregnancy and abortion..."

"Both the pregnancy and the abortion were lies..."

"That was the start of our lie...If it came to light, I wouldn't be able to continue working as a doctor anymore..."

"Then wae? You should have been able to refuse."

"I couldn't...I...love Hyuna-ssi..."

"Eh..."

"Even if she marries Byung Hun-ssi, she would get compensation money immediately and she would split up...At that time, she would marry me, she said...I was misled by her charm and sweet words...I did something unthinkable..."

"By something, you mean..."

"But Hyuna-ssi also lied to me...She got Byung Hun-ssi back for that compensation money. She really loves him!"

"W...why do you think that?"

"When you two came to visit her after her examination, I was watching. That happy smile that she would never show to me, she showed it to him over and over...When I realized I'd been tricked, what I had done become all for nothing. Then, I decided to own up to you..." The doctor quivering with his head in his heads, as if he were about to tumble down.

"What you just said...Could you say that to oppa as well?"

"Eh...? That's...

"I understand that it's difficult to talk about. However, if you tell oppa the truth, I think he wouldn't hold you in the wrong."

"..."

"Jebal."

I took the bill and stood up.

"W...where are you...?"

"I'm going to talk with Hyuna-ssi."

"Welcome!" Hyuna greeted me with a smile.

"I apologize for the intrusion."

Hyuna was in the apartment my brother lent her to use for medical treatment. Everything was barrier-free, so she could move easily even in a wheelchair.

"You are the first guest to come to this room. Let me have the pleasure of entertaining you juseyo."

"No, don't go out of your way juseyo..."

"So Hyun ah, would you be fine with black tea? I have some nice tea."

Hyuna went to the kitchen in a very good humor. It really was just as if she were trying to appear strong.

"You seem well."

"Oh, do I seem that way?"

"Ne, very."

"Hehe, when I'm with Byung Hun oppa, I end up forgetting that I'm unwell."

"You might really be healed already."

"I heard about this room from Byung Hun oppa. It's somewhere a bit difficult to find, isn't it? Did you get lost?"

"Aniyo, I didn't hear about it from oppa."

"Eh?"

"I heard about it from your doctor, so I came here."

"Is that so? Haha, that man is a little bit of a chatterbox. I'm not very good with him."

"He told me everything."

"Everything? Oh, what could that be?"

"Everything Hyuna-ssi said was a lie. That's everything he told me."

"Ahaha, what's this all of a sudden? If you make such a scary face, I'll get clumsy..."

"You don't have to act anymore. You should be able to walk even without a wheelchair."

Hyuna still didn't get off the wheelchair. She slowly came from the kitchen to the living room where I was.

"The pregnancy in New York, the infertility treatement, the malignant tumor in your womb...Did you want oppa so badly you would tell lies like that...?"

"So Hyun ah...You seem to have a misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding?"

"I don't know what that doctor might have told you, but I don't need to lie."

"Then, you're saying that doctor was lying?"

"I said earlier, didn't I? That man is a chatterbox. Though I said it a bit kindly...To put it clearly, he's a compulsive liar. Or did he say he had some evidence that I'm a liar?"

"That's..."

"There's no way he would. Hehe, So Hyun ah, you're rather good-natured to be taken in by him."

Certinly, I didn't have any proof that Hyuna was lying. When I attacked her with the doctor's words, I was sure she would tell me the truth.

"Certainly, I might not have proof, but I told the doctor to talk to oppa as well. Are you planing to tell oppa that the doctor is a compulsive liar too? Even you can't get away with that there, if he looks into it..."

"What do you know?"

"Eh...?"

"You've never suffered...Before you knew it, you became the daughter of a multi-millionare, and had a life without any discomfort...What do you know about me?"

Bang!

Suddenly, Hyuna stood up, and the wheelchair hit the wall with a loud noise.

"It's your fault...If you weren't here, I wouldn't have had to lie so much...What a stupid girl you are, coming here so nonchalantly...Even though you're not related by blood, you're as simple as Byung Hun oppa." Hyuna was looking at me with terrifying eyes, and she headed for the kitchen on her own two feet. When she returned, she was holding a brand-new kitchen knife in her hand. 

"Hyuna-ssi..."

Hyuna was smiling coldly as she slowly got closer to me.