thirteen, riley

"puts his lips
            on my neck."

We ended up staying up all night long. Farkle and I were mostly talking about all of our friends ad how it's lie to be apart of the big apple. Being here was all new for Zack so we were trying to make sure that he was prepared for his life here.

He also told us more abut himself and his life. It was fascinating, really. How we all grew up but all similar in the weirdest ways possible.

It was like we knew each other our whole lives. We were all into the same music and foods. We all loved books and couldn't live without chocolate. At one point I brought my computer out of my bag and we all watched a horror movie. We were teasing each other as if we grew up together. We would all scream at different parts laughing at Farkle's girly screams.

At about ten in the morning I got a text from my father saying that my mother had arrive and that I was to come home as soon as humanly possible. We put all of the blankets back an tidied up while shouting out things that we could say. I didn't want to ambush my dad with my newest discover but I didn't want to keep this from my mother any longer.

We paraded up the stairs. We finally reached my apartment after deciding to take the stairs. Why did we do that?

I hesitated but eventually opened the door. It seemed as if my dad and mom were in some type of heated argument. After the door swung open the room came to an awkward silence. I looked around the room and saw uncle Shawn with his head down at the living rooms bay window.

"Uncle Shawn!" I exclaimed trying to break the silence. Farkle and Zack shrugged and stepped into my home. I gave uncle Shawn a big hug before walking back to stand with Zack and Farkle.

"Who that. Who that, who that, who that." My dad said pointed at Zack. Both Farkle and I looked at Zack expecting hi to answer my dad but he seemed more amused then anything.

"I'm Zackary, Zack for short." He chuckled. MY mother, who for the first time in her life was quiet, finally spoke up.

"What are you doing here?" She spat out. Her words were like venom. The look on Zack's face dropped. I knew it all too well. It was the same face that Farkle had when Billy Ross was bullying him. It was the same look that Farkle had when our practical jokes hit a little to close to home.

"Nice way to treat family, mother." I snapped. My fathers face scrunched up as my words processed through his head.

"Yeah, mom." Zack added.

My father's eyes went wide. It was almost as if he saw a ghost or something.

This wasn't the way that I wanted my dad to find out. I wanted my mom to be forced to say it. I wanted her to apologize to my dad but I couldn't blame Zack for rushing to make his announcement as the long lost son. I would have done the same thing if I was in his situation.

"Cor, you didn't tell me that you had another kid!" Uncle Shawn said still being completly oblivious to the situation.

"That's because I don't have one, Shawn." My dad said without taking his eyes off of Zack. It was like he was observing him. Watching his very move.

"You my kid?" My dad asked Zack. He was trying to add some comedic relief to the situation. In my opinion, my father was just trying to keep from screaming his head off.

"No, sir. I am-" Zack tried to say before getting cut off

"He's my kid, Cory. His father is Stewart." My mom finished. My dad made this weird noise and then sighed hard. Shawn was flabbergasted. There were all of these stories where he was sometime the only one who believed in Cory and Topanga belonging together. In fact if it wasn't for him, my parents wouldn't have ever gotten back together after their breakup in high school.

"Minkus? Really Topanga, Minkus?" My father yelled.

"Well then." Farkle said. He sat down on the couch and I soon followed. It was a to take in, my dad's reaction.

I contemplated bringing up the topic of my dad not being my father and Farkle's mom not being his mother. It was all to confusing.

"Who are our real parents?" Farkle and I both said simultaneously.

My mom sighed before answering. "You're all siblings, in the flesh and blood. I assume that Zack told you the story and it's true. You are all full siblings."

"Riley is my child. I raised her and I ave taken care of her while you were off doing whatever you were doing. No matter what you say, I am her father." My dad said.

I looked around the room frantically. All I ever knew was false. I was fed lies by the one person who was never suppose to lie to me.

"Nothing you say or do will make dad less of a father. I don't care how you portray it. Dad has been more of a parent to me then you will ever be." I didn't know where the disrespect was coming from but all of my emotions were flooding through.

Zack seemed the most calm out of all of us here which was actually shocking to me.

"You are my mother?" Farkle asked. My mother nodded at him.

Farkle stood up and slammed the got up and slammed the door behind him. I was tempted to chase after him which was justified by Shawn and my father who insisted or me too go.

My mother put up a protest reasoning that I needed to catch a flight back with her.

"You really think that I am going to go back with you?" I laughed. "I just found out that I have two brothers and you expect me to leave."

I stood up. "Common, Zack. I'll teach you a little something about family, something that our mother has seemed to have forgotten."