A More Profound Bond

Start from the beginning

Another thing Dean has noticed since Sam returned, was that it would seem he would just say whatever was on his mind. It annoyed Dean, but he knew it wasn't his fault.

How the hell... Did I give it away? If Sam is onto me, could Cas be thinking it too? No. no. There is nothing to even be thinking about. I do not have feelings for a fucking angel of the lord. All angels I know are dicks with wings, and he's one...

Dean shook it off before he could finish his thought only because he didn't believe his own thoughts in his head. It was almost like he was talking himself out of having feelings for his best friend.

"Dean?" He heard Sam say.

Crap I mustve zoned out again.

he looked up at his sibling.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

Like he cares anymore.

"Yeah, of course." He hesitated for a moment before speaking, it felt like he was talking to a robot programmed to respond only to certain things.

"So-" Sam started, but was stopped before her could get the rest of his words out.

"No Sam!" Dean saved himself, covering him up even more by sounding more manly.

"He's an angel for fucks sake! God Sam, what about you and Gabriel, huh?" Dean was trying desperately to get off the subject and throw it back at him. He knew Sam couldn't react to what he just said, he doesn't feel feelings anymore, and certainly not like that.

"Dea-"

Sam was cut off once again, except this time by the sound of rustling wings. The brothers looked toward the table where Cas had appeared. He was unraveling a small pouch, which looked like a hex bag. He took out some of the ingredient and pinched it in between his fingers and dropped it into the bowl. He began chanting a spell in enochian, while Sam and Dean watched.

Castiel stopped and there was a moment of silence, he had located an angel, who he said he had fought with in the past. He vanished, seeking to find information from this other angel. The rest of the day went by without any word from Cas.

It was one in the morning and Sam was doing research for their case. Dean had gone to the bar. He needed a drink after today. Not because of the new case, but because of Castiel. He has had this feeling every since Cas had raised him from perdition. A feeling toward Cas. He didn't know exactly what it was, he was trying not to beleive what Sam had said. He has been trying ever since that day he met the angel.

Achohal seemed to be Deans solution to everything. If it doesn't get rid of it, it will help bury it. But no matter what he did he couldn't stop thinking the thoughts that would always pop into his head. After a few drinks and an exchange of flirty eyes with the bartender, he left and headed toward his impala. He opened the creaky door and sat in the drivers seat. He turned to key into the ignition and turned not the radio.

Its really good to hear your voice saying my name

it sounds so sweet.

Coming from the lips of an angel

hearing those words it makes me weak.

And I never wanna say goodbye

But girl you make it hard to be faithful

With the lips of an angel.

He quickly switched the station.

Every time you're around

And my sadness disappears

Every time you are near.

You must be an angel

I can see it in your eyes

Full of wonder and surprise

And no I just realize,

Ooh you're an angel

Ooh you're an angel

Dean turned off the radio and sat in his car for a few minutes, closing his eyes.

He didn't want to go back to the room just yet, so he made a slight detour. After about thirty minutes of driving in silence he pulled up beside a pond hidden behind a small cluster of trees. When he and Sam first arrived at Saint Louis, he drove past this spot. They had been here for a few weeks now, at first hunting a nest of vamps, then a wendigo, and now Cas' hunt.

He opened the car door and walked until he found an open area with rocks formed around a stream to make a small wading pool. There was one tree nearby where he sat down against and closed his eyes.

Finally. My time to think.

He gave up persuading himself he didn't have a crush, so he gave in. And it felt good. No more wrestling his thoughts with lies. He heard a flutter and opened his eyes. in front go him, was Castiel. His tan trench coat slightly waving in the soft breeze. His hands looked so warm just then, Dean just wanted to take them into his own. And his hair. His messy, brown, perfect sex hair. He wanted to run his hands through it.

"Hello Dean."

He greeted in a soft voice. He took a few steps forward and sat down next to Dean.

"Sam told me I'd find you here. I can see why you like this place."

Dean smiled, which is something he hasn't done in a long time. Something he, Sam, or Cas has done in quite a while. He stared into the angles deep blue eyes and he just got lost in them. He leaned in and brushed his hand against Cas' cheek, and lightly kissed his lips. Neither of them wanted to pull away, so they didn't. It was a perfect moment, and they wanted it to last forever. Dean caressed Castiels face with his hands and kissed him harder. He was so happy Cas felt the same way. He wasn't nervous at all. Their lips were perfectly in sync. They seemed to go together like jigsaw puzzles.

After what must've been hours, Dean pulled away. Cas gave him a warm smile that just lightened Deans heart. He pressed their foreheads together and smiled back at him.

Dean didn't return to his and Sam's room that night, instead he fell asleep against the tree with his angel his is arms. His new found lover snoring quietly made Dean chuckle before he dozed off as well.

Sam was okay with Dean being out, he knew he was probably with Cas. Every since Dean met Castiel, there had been something different about him. He seemed happy, which didn't come around very much with the Winchesters.

Dean had found his angel, and being with each other felt so right for both of them. They knew this was just the beginning of their budding romance.