12.

Melanie Stephen

It's a good thing I didn't wake up with a headache this morning from all the alcohol I consumed last night. I could hear the sound of thunder and rain hitting against the windows. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand to see 6 missed calls and 4 messages from Miles.

Miles      10:16pm
You hung up in my face? You know how I feel about that shit.

Miles      10:22pm
I know you see me texting you Melanie.

Miles      10:34pm
pick up the damn phone!

Miles      10:39pm
don't bother coming to work Monday you fired.

I sighed and threw my phone to the bed. He really gets under my skin sometimes. I'm pretty sure he's bluffing anyways like he must be stupid if he thinks he's gonna fire me because the call disconnected because I didn't have any service in the house.

I got up and looked around and seen that I was alone and Jay just left me which is fine, but I wish I could've seen him when I woke up. I walked into the bathroom and started doing the usual hygiene. Since today is Sunday most likely I'm just gonna go with my parents and eat dinner at their house or something like I do every Sunday.

I came out and went into my closet and looked around for something to wear today and picked out some cargo green pants and a white shirt with some olive green hunter rain boots. I think it'll be a perfect day to try out my utility jacket too. I laid everything out and started to dress into my bra and panties, when my phone started ringing.

I picked it up and seen that it was once again miles. As soon as I picked up he just went completely off.

"Melanie why the fuck you hung up in my face I swear I'm 5 minutes away from yo house cause I'm 'bout to get in yo shit." He spat. I noticed that he talks different when he's really upset.

"Nigga you not calling my damn phone with bullshit, it's too early for you to be yelling and hollering Miles." I say trying to remain calm.

"Then why the hell you hung up in my face Melanie? You know I hate that shit." He said still yelling. You know what fuck it. I hung up the phone in his face forreal this time and I dare him to call back cause then I'm going off on him.

Miles Carter

Fuck no she just hung up in my face again? What type of sh- calm down miles, calm down. I just got finished telling her that I hate when people hang up in my face and she do the shit again? Aight see what she gone do when I'm in her face.

I drove faster, not caring that I could possibly get a ticket. I turned a few corners and made it to her complex. I parked and got out, slamming the door. I walked up to the door and noticed the call box was out, so I grabbed the door and opened it.

I was soaked in water and my feet made squeaky noises as I walked over to her elevator. I got in and pressed the floor number and waited patiently until it got to her floor and opened up. I walked down the hall and made it to her door, banging on it.

"Melanie open this damn door." I yelled still banging. I could hear foot steps behind the door and she swung it open frowning. She looked cute when she was upset.