Chapter...is it 12?

"Thank you." I finish my speech. Everyone claps as I back away from the podium. I'm smiling like an idiot. Happy. Happy that I've made it and because I'm asking Mitch tonight to go to prom with me. As nervous as I am I'm also really excited. Oops.. Must've been daydreaming.

"HEY! ALISSA! HELLO!? ARE YOU IN THERE?  ANYBODY?!" Lizzie yells.
I bust out laughing.

"I'm here sorry."

"Go change into your dress. After party."

" Oksies."
After the party

I have to ask Mitch out now. Well first I got to get him to the lake.

"Hey Mitch?! Let's go to the lake!" I say.

"At midnight?"

"Yes now come on!" I pull on his arm dragging him to Lizzy's car that she accidentally left here.

"How was prom?"

"Got moved to tomorrow."

"Oh? Why?"

"There was an after party tonight."

"Oh ok that makes more since." He says sarcastically.

We finally get to the lake and he keeps his coat around his waist. I put on my leather jacket unzipped showing my gold crop top with my matching gold short skirt.

"You didn't do anything tonight did you?" He laughs at my outfit.

"No!" I say. "Well not yet anyways." I mumble After.

"What?"

"Oh nothing!! Uh I have something to ask you.." I say my nervousness showing through.

"Ok?" He says wondering.

"Uh I don't know if you'll be mad at me or what because I guess I break a promise now but uh I never got over you and uh want you to be my boyfriend and date to prom?" I say. His eyes widen.

"What?!" I flinch as he yells at me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I uh can't do that though Alissa. I'm so sorry. I-I'm going to head back to the house." He says running. Tears gloss over my vision and I begin to not be able to see. I soon break down and cry my eyes out. I finish crying after around an hour and walk home.

"MITCH I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ALISSA!"

"I DID!! BUT SHE STILL HAS FEELINGS FOR ME!!"

"Mitch if you even touch my daughter I will hurt you. Stay away from her. If you don't you'll be sorry." Scott growls.

"SCOTT!!" I yell. "STOP!!" I say pushing Mitch out of line from Scott's fist. He hits me instead and I fall to the ground. Not unconscious. Just bleeding in pain on the ground. I look up on him and he looks surprised. Mitch does too. "I look at him mad and once Scott thinks he realizes that he too is mad. Mad at me for pushing Mitch out of the way. For helping him.

"Alissa!! Why did you do that?!!" He yells.

"If you love something or someone you fight for it or them. It's what you do. And I did. It's how I get hurt everyday but it's also how I keep my dignity." Scott has stepped towards me now. He towers above me as I sit on the cold ground beneath me.

"You shouldn't have. Cause now look. I'm standing and you're on the ground." He says. I quickly swing my legs and jump off of the ground before circling my leg around his feet making him fall and put my foot on his back holding him down.

" I think it's the other way around. Weird right? Maybe you need glasses? Or just forgot to put your contacts in this morning? Either way I think you'll regret making that deal with Mitch. Or you'll be the one thinking about regrets." I said. I then picked my foot up and stomped my foot loudly by his face to make him scared before sassily walking away.

When I get to my room I climb out the window to the tree.

"Why would he do that? He knows how much I love Mitch. And if he didn't he does now." I say to myself. I take my pocket knife that I always keep with me out and cut stray marks into the tree. Once I've let my anger at Scott out on the tree and I'm calm I go back into my room and pace back in forth now worried.

"What if Mitch doesn't like me now? What if they want to adopt a new kid and replace me? What if he doesn't like me anymore. If Mitch doesn't like me anymore... I don't know what I'll do.