Chapter Twenty Five - The Party

Serena's P.O.V.

     Today is the day of Ash's party. I'm still annoyed that he's letting Meitte come, but I can't do anything about it now. I understand why he did it but it's really making me rethink my idea to confess to him here. I still want to, just not where Meitte could have the chance to ruin it.

I decided to dress up as a veterinarian for Halloween! I really love animals, so it's a good fit.

As I started out the door, my mom stopped me.

"Serena, I know your growing up now but just remember to be safe. Don't do anything stupid, and if you need me be sure to call. I'll be there as fast as a jet."

"Ok mom, love you!" I ran out the door towards Ash's house, and I was there in a few moments.

I stood on Ash's Porch, and rang the doorbell. He answered so fast it was like he was sitting there waiting for us.

"Hey Serena! Come on in, I've got snacks laid out." Ash welcomed me in.

I noticed Gary was the only other one here. I guess we wouldn't be playing games or going trick or treating till the others got here, but that wouldn't be long. I sat down just as the doorbell rang again. It was May, Dawn, Iris, and Misty. I guess I should talk to May about Ash.

Ash opened the door, and in walked Gary, Drew, Cilian, Kenny, and Paul. Ash cleared his throat.

"Okay guys! It seems like everyone-" he was cut off by a knock on the door. He answered it confused, and in walked Meitte.

"Hi guys!" Meitte said. We all knew that this was an act, but we didn't do anything. We all waved and said hi.

"As I was saying, it seems like now everyone is here! So I've ordered the pizza and it's going to be here soon. So Gary told me he has some games for us to play while we wait!" Ash told us.

Gary stood up and cleared his throat. "Okay, we're gonna play truth or dare!"

Everyone in the room looked at each other like he was crazy.

"Come on! Don't be lame!" Gary begged.

He somehow convinced the others to play, so I agreed to as well. I shouldn't have.

"Great! Who wants to go first?" Gary asked us.

"I will!" Yelled out Meitte.

"Okay Meitte, truth or dare?"

"Truth!" Meitte screamed annoyingly.

"Okay, who do you like?" Gary asked.

"Hmmmm... I'll only tell you he's in this room!" She replied. We all knew she meant Ash.

Then she turned to me. "Okay Serena, Truth or Dare?" Meitte asked.

Shit. Which do I pick?