Chapter 11

"It's called 'Dream Magic,'" Anra says. "It's the power to basically take over someone's dream. In your dreams you can't be hurt, but in a set dream that someone set up for you, like Arya did in this case, you can be hurt, which is the dangerous part. Magic like that is tricky, and often only used by dark beings because it calls for the separation of a soul. This kind of magic was made so you can get hurt during 'set-dreaming' as it is called. Once a soul is separated, there are in a way, 2 of you, one lying in bed, and one in the dream. It's hard to keep souls separated for a long time, which is another reason why it's hard. Testing Arya like that wasn't the smartest move, but it's ok since you didn't know anything."

My eyes widen. "Am I ok now? Are there still 2 of me? What about my mom, is she ok too?"

Anra continues. "There are not 2 of you anymore. When you wake up, whether it be naturally or forced, both parts of the soul join back together again, but I'm afraid the connection is weaker, making it easier to be split again. As for your mother, she's fine. I sent her back home so she wouldn't be alarmed upon waking up here. In your dream, that was your only mom. Arya didn't do set-dreaming for her too. As for how this happened, I can't say. Set-dreaming calls for very specific details about the person in question, but I don't know what, although I know this isn't good."

"What do we do now?" I inquire. "I will never join the Houka Clan, but they keep chasing after me like rabid dogs!"

"Some are literal rabid dogs...."

"Anyway, what do we do? How do we prevent this from happening again?"

Anra thinks for a moment and says, "I suggest you start real defensive magic, such as magic that can protect you from set-dreaming, sirens (seeing as you're not immune anymore...), other spells, etc. I'll set it up with Jacin now."

"Ok. What do I do in the mean time?" I question.

"Keep on the alert," she whispers. "I'll also have Jacin teach you how to telepathically talk to people first thing tomorrow, so you can alert me anytime something is wrong. And remember, trading your soul to the darkness is never a better option than sacrificing your family. Don't ever forget that."

Anra pats my head and snaps her fingers, leaving me alone once again in my room. My clock reads 11:49, so I wearily go back to sleep.

I will not set-dream. I chant in my head. I need this sleep, but I will NOT set-dream!