Chapter 9

My room is small yet the size doesn't take away from the amazingness of it. Colors of white, silver, and purple linger everywhere around the room, the colors almost shimmering. I walk in and see a screens surrounding the room. A universal computer port is set up so anyone can set their computer up to the screens.

Anra speaks from behind me. "It might not be much, but in the land of the magical, you can make it however you want. The screens are for virtual training that we do, and as you'll see, they literally suck you in so don't be afraid. It may be daunting to be sucked in by huge screens like that, but it's necessary for spacial purposes."

"I assume you can also use the screens for other things too," I say amazed.

She answers with a simple, "Yep."

I sit on my standard-sized bed and proclaim, "Fine, I guess it's not that bad. I just wasn't ready before to leave my family all alone." My face grows dim and a feeling of longing hits.

Understanding on her face, Anra comes to sit right next to me. "I may not know exactly how you feel, but I do know this; you will return to them. It's not like you'll never see them again, it's just that as a new recruit and beginner at magic, you don't know what to do, and that's dangerous. Contrary to popular belief, not all magic is masked from non-magical creatures. Like you saw when your magic first appeared, people saw it, and were scared. Normal people can't know about us because normal people can't understand us. I've heard horror stories of magical people being tested on by the government because they were different from typical human beings. I would never ever wish that fate on any magical creature, even if they were my enemies."

"True," I reply. "I'll adjust to the difference eventually..... Hey, can you please tell me? You know, what happened to Renay?"

The look on Anra's face turns to sorrow. "I'm sorry, I can't tell you exactly what happened to her. I can only tell you that she's gone."

I didn't even know her for that long, but Renay had left a hefty imprint on me. Her kindness would always be remembered.

I nod in acceptance that I won't get a full answer.

Suddenly, Anra gets up. "Well, I'll let you get settled in. Training starts tonight at 6, so don't be alarmed when the screens flash and ask you to step forward."

"Ok, thanks for everything. Oh and Anra?" I say.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry about earlier. My world has just suddenly turned chaotic, and I just didn't know how to react."

She shrugs. "It's fine. I've been through worse with newcomers," Anra winks. "See you at 6!"

Her red hair waves back and forth as she walks out and shuts the door. Left alone in the room, I flop down on my bed.

What time is it anyway? I wonder. There was no clock in here, probably meant to be a training challenge. I will a clock to appear on the bedside table. My hands glow purple and finally a clock appears. It reads 12:30 pm, meaning my adventures from last night had lasted for a while, since I've only been at headquarters for an hour or so.

I need a good book. Maybe something magical about a girl realizing magic exists. I smirk and nonchalantly make a book appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please step forward! Training begins in 60 seconds. Please step forward!" A voice calls from the main screen, making me jump. It flashes once, twice, then a third time and then sits on a message of, "Please step forward! Training begins in 50...49...48...47...46......"

I step forward to about a foot or so away from the screen. A scanner scans my whole body and I hear a click as it says, "Hello Lydia, welcome to training!"

White light seems to jump out from the screen and grabs me in its hold. I gasp as my arms start to vibrate, and a weird sensation fills my body. You would think the light would be blinding, but it wasn't. My eyes could perfectly see through the white mist-like light to the screen counting down the seconds.

Once it hits "0," my body lurches forward. I almost scream as I think I'll collide with the screen, but I don't. Raising my hands and closing my eyes, I wait for the impact that doesn't come.

When I open my eyes, I'm in a vast area filled with other people just like me, with silver hair and purple eyes. In front of me, a man stands with a uniform designating that he's a trainer.

"Typical newbie," he smirks and looks me over. "Hello there, and welcome to magical training!"

____________

Hi there guys! Yes, I am writing this story again! I'm sorry that I had to put it on hold for a while, but I didn't know where to go with this story..... :/

Anyway, I will be updating this book on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. I know I posted this on a Sunday, but yesterday was hectic and I couldn't update. I will let you know on this book if I can't update on the Saturday. Thanks for reading!