Be My Princess (Fanfiction) - Chapter 1

*Sorry in advance if there are grammatical errors.*

Eight years ago...

My mother and I were greeting some guests of Lord Nobel Michel, her father and my grandfather, when one of the guests had pulled a gun on us.

"Where is His Lord?" The guest, in all black, said as he pointed his gun toward my mother's heart.

Everyone stood frozen with fear while my mother looked at the man calmly.

"Lord Nobel Michel is in a private chamber in the Palace that I, his daughter, does not even know about it." My mother may have said this with a calm voice but her hand, that was in mine, was trembling terribly. She was more terrified than us, who were just watching.

"Mommy," I whimpered.

Her grip tightened around my hand, urging me to be quiet for a few moments longer.

The man looked down at our joined hands.

A cynical smile crossed his lips. "Is that your final answer, Lady Sophia?" He turned something on the gun to make it click loudly.

My mother looked into the man's eyes calmly. "Yes, that is my final answer.

"Very well then." The man turned the gun toward me and pulled the trigger. "Goodbye to Lord Nobel Michel's next heir after you."

"No!" My mother shielded me from the bullet. As soon as the Palace Guards took hold of the man it was too late for my mother.

My mother laid on the floor in front of me as a pool of blood began to surround her body.

Tears began to roll down my face as my mother beckoned me to go to her. So that I could hear her last words and to receive a last gift from her.

"My sweet Princess," She weakly took off her necklace that she received from grandfather when she was my age. "Always wear this necklace as it will always protect you from any harm."

I nodded as I took the necklace.

"Don't cry my sweet Princess." She placed a hand on mine gently, but weakly. "Smile for me Linda. I want to remember you happy."

"Okay," Tears were still rolling down my face as I gave my mother her last wish; I smiled. I kept smiling until her eyes closed and her hand sagged away from mine. At first, I didn't understand why my mother wouldn't ever open her eyes again. I was only eight years old when her eyes closed for the rest of eternity. I didn't know what Zain meant when she had just died. I was too young then.

Everyone around me mourned for my mother as all of the six Princes, of all six Kingdoms, tried to hug me in comfort.

This was the last day I saw my mother; at one of my grandfather's party where she was shot to death because someone had wanted to kill me.

On the day of my mother's death I never dared to attend to any one of my grandfather's parties. Fearing that, one day, the same fate would happen to me...as it happened to my mother.

This was the day that had declared me the upcoming heir to Lord Nobel Michel.