Can we call it a win?

🌜Hello again readers! I promise not to make is absurdly long and boring. Just wondering how everyone is liking the story? I hope you are all enjoying.🌛

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SKYLER'S POV•••••••••••••••••••••

"Out! We have to get outside, there isn't enough room for this fight!" Zeke shouted just before shifting into a huge black wolf, so very much like Kin's, and leaping straight through the window, sending glass in all directions. Feeling a shove on my hind quarters from a large hand I turn to see Severin pushing me towards the window that Spyke's sleek steel grey wolf just disappeared though. Taking the hint that I'm next I leap gracefully out the window in my coppery wolf form.

Once my feet are back of the ground I spin back to the window an watch as Koa's large panther, Rayven, Kin, still in his human form and Severin jump through. Still watching the window I watch as Thorne raises his hands and seems to push the three intruding wolves back with a blue fire from his hands before he himself leaps through the window.

I following the mingled auras of the others as we race headlong through the trees and towards the clearing Kin and I used for training. As a group we had decided that it would be the best battle ground if it ever came to it. I know the others will be there waiting. Just as the clearing comes into my sight I feel a pain flash down my side a smell the strong scent of burning hair. Sparing a glance back I see a thin line burned into my side. Unbelievably my first thought is to hope that the fur will grow back in properly. My second being, what just hit me. Pushing myself faster, but not fast enough to lose Thorne, I reach the clearing just as ten wolves and three vampires enter the clearing from the other side. Well at least they didn't all come at us at once, either that or out traps actually did their job.

In the blink of an eye both Zeke and Spyke attack the nearest wolves to them, taking the both out with a quick rip of their throats. Severin rushes at a large vampire, and starts a very active hand to hand battle with him, both seeming to be dancing with the other. Koa was currently taking on a particularly large wolf himself with one coming up behind him. Before u had a chance to reach the wolf it went flying though the air after being hit with a large blue bolt, thanks to Thorne. Seeing those I have begun to deeply care for fighting not only for their survival but my own caused a rage within me that I have never felt before, not even when Alpha Goodwin would beat me half to death. Feeling the rage build and burn within me, I also feel my body forcefully turn back to human form. I know I should feel venerable in this form among all these predators, but on the contrary, I felt so strong. Knowing from where I'm standing that there is a bundle of clothing next to me by the tree, I bend over and grab a pair of shorts, not much to protect my skin but I know it's enough.

Concentrating on the battle around me I breath deeply and as a wolf leaps for me, teeth bared and going for my throat, I use all the anger and rage boiling up inside of me, and release it, much like I unintentionally did to Kin and Koa. As my energy burst from me, the wolf seems to disintegrate before my very eyes. Note to self perhaps rage isn't the best emotion to use, it's such a strong and over powering emotion. Four wolves down, six to go and three vampires still. Make that four wolves, as Kin takes two out and Zeke finishes his off. The odds have almost turned in our favor, that is until seven more vampires stride into the clearing.

Could we ever catch a break? At that moment Kin was surrounded by five vampires, and he was smiling like he just won a million dollars! Reaching up under the back of his black leather duster he pulls out two four foot long blades, with a wicked curve towards the end of them. Taking an almost swatting position with both blades raised horizontally he waits for the vampires to make a move. One to his left side shifts slightly on his feet and that was all the incentive Kin needed to attack. Swinging his blades out, both in desperate directions, almost as though his arms were leading the rest of his body as he spun on his heel and sliced the heads off of two of the five.

Seeing their companions fall victim to the cold hands of death so easily seemed to visibly affect to three remaining vampires. Each took a half a step or more backwards as if trying to decide whether to stay and fight, or to run and try to live another day. Not giving them a second to make up their minds, Kin spun himself once more and with a clean slice severed the heads of the renaming three vampires.

Turning to my left I see a vampire about to grab hold of Rayven as he tries to battle to vampire in front of him. Letting my energy raise to the surface again I let it flow forth and struck the vampire in the chest, leaving behind a large gaping hole where his chest once was, as his body hits the ground Rayven rips the heart of the vampire in front of him clean from his chest. Leaving two vampires and now three wolves. Zeke and Spyke are working together to bring down a rather large wolf, and Koa is working on another, the remaining two are working together themselves to try to take Thorne out, who is having issues it seems with directing his magic without hitting and of the rest pull our group. The wolves have been keeping themselves between Thorne and the others in a smart advantage plan. He can't let his magic free without hitting one of ours. He has been holding them off it seems with a large staff like stick he picked up, but by the looks of the damage to it it won't last long now. Concentrating I rush forward and leap over the backs of the wolves, landing next to him. Startled the wolves shift back the smallest of steps. Using it to his advantage Thorne blasts an energy stream forward and into the wolf closest to him, taking that as my cue I lift my own arm to do the same, but am hit from behind by a large form as a second one flys over the trip of where I had just been standing with a silver blade gripped firmly in their hand.

Looking up at the person weighing me down I see an unfamiliar face. The stranger had dark brown eyes and hair, with a sharp and angular face, he's handsome but very distinctly human. Just as I'm about to open my mouth to speak he pulls a large fun from behind his back, and fires two shoots into the vampire who was about to sink his silver blade into me, if he had not appeared out of no where and saved me. Looking out at the clearing I watch as Severin takes the last vampire out, leaving Spyke to finish off the wolf he had within his jaws, with a sickening crunch the wolf drops lifeless at his feet.

Shoving the stranger up an off of me I scramble to my feet so that I can look at everyone, to reassure myself that they were all alright. Running over to Zeke as he shifts back to human and pulls a pair of the hidden shorts up his long and cerebrally blood soaked legs, I run my hands over his body to make sure h is truly okay. "I'm alright babe, I promise, just a few cuts and scrapes. Ate you okay?" Zeke says. "I'm fine don't worry about me, I fought from a distance. Spyke are you all right?" I ask as I approach him now that he has shifted and pulled shorts on. "Yea little brother I will be fine, once my healing sets him. I'm just a little sore is all" he stated as he runs his right hand over his face and surveying the carnage in the clearing. In total there are ten dead vampires as well as ten dead wolves, and a large pile of smoldering cinders where the eleventh would have fallen. In total out small group managed to kill twenty one of Aloha Goodwin's warriors. I had felt thirty auras before. Closing my eyes and gripping Spyke's hand to help boost my energies, I trace the separate trails the distinct auras have left thought the forest, seeing the trails of the twenty one who lost their lives here in tho clearing, I see seven more ending at out traps in the forest.

One trail seems to double back and take a completely different path back out of the forest before disappearing back down the road where it disappeared, obviously he turned tail and ran for his life. More than likely straight back to Alpha Goodwin. The final one, well it leads back here to the clearing and straight to the stranger standing completely at ease among my friends.