Chapter 5: Alicia

Start from the beginning

I couldn't contain my laughter. Trina was always throwing slick shots at Derrick. She never was really a big fan of him from the first time I brought him in the salon with me. I guess the stress of work got the best of him and he just snapped on everybody. Ever since, Trina would refer to him as "zozo santi" which I learned meant smelly dick in Haitian.

"He's alright. We're obviously not on speaking terms today." My voice got a little sad because I missed him. He was the last person I wanted to think about today, but somehow he always came up...which shouldn't be a surprise seeing that he and his family basically run the streets of Moorhead.

"Oh yuh sound so sad. Wah he done dis time?"

I shrugged, "Nothing major. You know we're always having a little disagreement about something but we always bounce back." She nodded and finished working on my nails. After I was finished getting my nails, toes and eyebrows and lashes done, I decided to call Alaejah and my sister Ashleigh to meet me for lunch at Los Molcajetes. One thing about me and my girls, we loved that damn Mexican food. I always told Derrick whenever he decides to stop being childish and divorce his wife, we're having Mexican at our wedding.

"Hey bitchesssss." Ashleigh walked up to the table with our little cousin Tamia.

"Oh my god, Tamiaaaaa! My baby!" I rushed past Ashleigh, not even acknowledging her presence and embraced my little cousin so tight. God knows how much I missed her.

"Well damn, can I get a hey bitch or something. Rude ass. Hey Lae." Ashleigh was so dramatic, but she knows how much Tamia means to me. She was like my little shadow. Fresh out of high school, just trying to do big things for herself.

"What are you doing here boo?" Alaejah asked as we all got settled in the booth at our table and waited for a waiter to take our drink orders.

"Well..." Tamia started. "Y'all might not believe it cause I damn sure don't believe it myself, but I'm six weeks pregnant."

We all had to pause for a moment. "Bitchhhhh!" Ashleigh responded in shock.

"What?" Alaejah asked with her eyebrows furrowed together and her neck cocked back.

"The fuck?" I said in shock.

"Man y'all forreal now. I'm pregnant." She said again.

"By who bitch? Run me the damn details. Does he drive? Is he fine? How was the dick bitch? Did you wanna get pregnant? Do he got moneyyyy?" Alaejah ran down a list of questions and we all laughed as the waiter came and took our drink orders.

"I'm Alejandro and I'll be your server today. What can I get you ladies to drink?" The sexy ass waiter asked.

"I'd like a strawberry margarita." Ashleigh ordered.

"Can I get a raspberry tea please?" Alaejah asked.

"I'd like to get a Dr. Pepper." I said. "Me too." Tamia cut in.

"Okay I'll be right back with your drinks." The waiter took our drink orders and left.

"Now back to you Miss Thang." Ashleigh shifted the attention back on Tamia and her shocking news. She face palmed herself and chuckled. "Well his name is Pistol, he's a bit older than me."