Chapter 59 | Riddle

*Sabina's POV*

I stand at the newly built stairs ascending all the way to the newly built third floor. I look around in amazement, surprised by how quickly the workers managed to transform the dismal attic into two large rooms.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Mum says as she continues going up the stairs and I follow her. "This will be your dad's office and then that room can just be a spare bedroom," She tells me as I quickly pop my head into each of the two rooms. The rooms aren't quite finished as there's still the floor to cover and electrical stuff to fix. But so far, it's looking pretty good.

"When do you think it'll be finished?" I ask as I go back down the stairs.

"At the very latest, two weeks. Hopefully, it'll be finished before then," She replies. "Ok, I'm just going out to run some errands so I won't be too long. Are you able to stay at home by yourself?"

"I've been home by myself before mum," I say with a laugh and she smiles before leaving. I start to go to my room when my phone goes off. I check to see a message from Jack.

Jack

Come over

I put my phone back into my pocket and go to my room. I also put my keys into my pocket just in case I need to go back home through the front door. I close the door and go to the window facing Jack's window. I see that his window is open so I cautiously climb out of my window and make my way to his room through his window.

"What's up?" I say as I quickly fix my hair.

"You could have come in through the front door," He says with a laugh, standing up from his bed.

"Look who's talking," I mumble under my breath. "This way is quicker."

"Finally agreed that this way is quicker?"

"I didn't agree to anything."

"Let's go and get some candy. I'm in the mood to be in a candy high."

"You texted me for that?"

"Yep." He smiles. "Let's go. Wait, I need something."

He gets up from his bed and goes into his closet. I see his phone illuminated, lying on his bed. I look towards his closet and back at his phone several times. I smile to myself and go over to his bed, curious of the fact that his phone is lying out in the open. Especially since it's unlocked. I pick up his phone and look at the screen to see it on his messages. I look at the name at the top and see the name, Juan. I see that the latest text he sent to Juan was 'Come over'.

"Hey, Jack?" I shout.

"Yeah?"

"Who's Juan and is he coming over now?"

"Juan?" Jack says, coming out of the closet with a red beanie in his hand.

"Yeah, Juan," I say, pointing to his phone. I suddenly feel guilty for going through his phone without permission.

"Juan's already here." He smirks as he puts his hat on his head, adjusting it.

"Where?"

"In this room."

"I swear to God, if you're planning to scare me with Juan just so you can see me face plant the floor again, it's not going to work."

Jack bursts out laughing and I give him a confused look. "No! Juan's you."

"I'm Juan?" I say slowly.

"Yeah. You said you officially renamed yourself as Juan so I might as well put your name as Juan in my phone."