1

I rolled my eyes at the guys who passed me, staying longer then needed trying to get me to pay attention to them but I paid no mind. It had been an hour since the party started and no one had caught my eye but the window, my eyes were glued to it, I could feel my wolf wanting out or at least for me to run. I ignored the urge and made my way over to the food table and picked up a strawberry, I was just quietly munching on it when a black haired boy walked over to me, flashing a smile. "So, have you seen anything here you like?" he asked smirking

"Why, yes I have to be honest," I said smiling at him, making him rise a eyebrow.

"Oh really and what is that?"

"These strawberries, they're so good." The look on his face after the words left my mouth was priceless, his smirk fell and he stormed off like a small child. I went back to my seat and my eyes fell back on the window not being able to take this any more I quietly excused myself and ran out of the ball room and to the backyard. Slipping my heels off, I ran through the woods. My once white dress was now getting covered in dirt, but for some reason I didn't care, I just wanted to run and so I did. I ran. The trees were a blur as I ran, but I needed to stop and turn back because I knew for a fact that I wasn't in pack land anymore. The trees were starting to get closer and taller but when I turned around I came face to face with a picture of beauty. Her long strawberry blonde hair framed her face perfectly and her golden brown eyes and bright red lips popped off of her pale skin.

"Hello," she whispered seductively, and I felt as if my knees where going to give, it was as if she was angel but when I got when I got a whiff of the air I knew she was far from one.

vampire, I thought to myself.

She was still in front of me and as much as I would like to run back to my pack I felt like I couldn't. My legs wouldn't let me. When she got closer, I still didn't want to move, when her hand reached out I still didn't and when she touched my face I knew why.

"Mate," we said at the same time, my wolf howled out in joy and I couldn't help but be shocked and it all made since at the same time. Growing up, I didn't like boys and would only pretend to so my friends wouldn't think anything of it. I didn't even realize that my face was slowly getting closer to her's and when I did, I didn't stop. I let myself tilt my head and kiss her but when her lips landed on mine...

My eyes shot open the sun blinding me, I yelled out in frustration sitting up. I was confused, my mind filled with questions like what if my mate is a girl, what if she is a vampire? Deciding to brush it off, I looked over at my alarm clock it as it flashed.

7:30

After throwing myself around on the bed I sat up and walked in to my bathroom looking in the mirror my brown hair was a mess, it was sticking every which way and I knew my mother would have something to say about it. I ripped a brush threw my hair and was able to tame it with out my arm falling off. I knew there was no point in showering since I would have to before the party tonight.

I walked down the stairs in a pair of ripped jeans and a gray crop top, my hair thrown back in to a braid. When I walked in to the kitchen and saw my mother dancing around the kitchen to Luke Bryan's "I Don't Want This Night To End" and trust me when I say that woman can't dance to save her life, she looked like a fish out of water who had its fin broken, it was bad.

"Hello mom," I chimed, picking up a pancake that was sitting on a plate on the counter, making sure to stuff my face with it before she turned around.

"Hey birthday girl," she said turning around to see me almost fitting the whole pancake in my mouth, but failing, "ROSALIE MORGAN ROYAL, USE A PLATE!" she screamed at me in a annoyance, which earned a mouth full smile from me and she shook her head at me. I swear I heard her mumble something about how the werewolf kind is going to be killed off because of me. Laughing at her, I made my way back upstairs and turned the L word on and waited for her to come up and have me get ready for my 21st birthday party tonight. It was a big deal for wolves, it was the birthday they would be able to meet their mate and it was also the day I would take over the as the new queen of werewolf kind.

There was a knock on the door and I turned to my alarm clock which now flashed 5:00.

The party was at 8:30, but I would make my way downstairs at nine. Yelling that it's open, my mom walked in with my aunt Jenny and a bag full of make-up and a dress. Sighing, I thought to myself, here we go and so it began 3 and a half hours of pure torture.

I turned the corner and was faced with the stair case my father at the end waiting for me, picking up my white dress so it wouldn't drag, I slowly walked down. My ears where flooded with the sound of my heart beat, it felt as if it was about to burst out of my chest and when I made it to the bottom of the stairs it slowed down. Taking my father's arm the doors of the ball opened revealing a room full of werewolves who were here for one reason:

For to me to find my mate.