Something was wrong though. The limousine was empty except for the driver in the front.

I thought loudly, "Where are they?"

"Oh, they're already there," Vanessa said casually.

"So, wait. You're saying they're waiting for us?"

Vanessa sat on my left side and motioned at the driver, Mr. Johnson, to start driving. She pulled onto her seat belt. "I told them that you take a long time getting ready, so they said it'll be good to just meet at the restaurant."

I quickly flipped my head at her. "Vanessa! You're kidding me, right?"

Vanessa blinked and finally caught on. "Oh! You're worried about me telling them that? Don't worry about it. All guys know girls take a while when they are getting ready for dates."

Even though she apologized, I smiled and shrugged it off. Still, I hated having people wait for me. After a fifteen-minute ride, the limousine came to a stop while Vanessa and I were pressing all the buttons in the back. The car door opened, and it was Mr. Johnson. Vanessa stepped out, followed by me, and we both thanked him for a pleasant ride. I almost didn't want to leave.

As we fixed our dresses, I took a good look at the place. It was a hotel, called Legends.

Vanessa pulled onto my hand and said, "The restaurant is a couple floors up. David told me its family owned and absolutely delicious."

Before I could say anything, I found myself going inside Legends in a flash as I tried catching up to Vanessa. I wasn't even able to take in how it actually look liked. All I remember was bright—not neon bright, but white bright and open feeling. Then, I was in an elevator. The two of us stood there waiting for the elevator to hit the right floor.

"So, his name is David?"

Vanessa tilted her head at me as if I should have known. Her eyebrows rose.

She said, "I didn't tell you?"

I shook my head, and she gasped. Her green eyes widened.

"I can't believe I didn't tell you! Here you are going on a double date with me, and you don't even know their names! I'm horrible. Okay, so the guy I'm talking to is David Valentino, and his cousin is Logan."

Valentino?

That was an interesting last name and sounded oddly familiar.

The elevator door made a ding, and it rapidly opened. I was expecting something like us actually walking out and heading into a restaurant. Instead, the elevator automatically welcomed us to the interior of the restaurant. Vanessa motioned me to follow her, but it was hard to look where I was walking since the place was amazing. This whole entire floor was dedicated to the restaurant, Symphony's Fine Dining.

Symphony's was, in one word, fancy.

The people dining here were all high class—dressed up and ate so properly. I knew it was bad to stare, but this was my first time eating at such a restaurant. My typical place would be a nearby hamburger joint down the street of the market. When I snapped out of it, I looked straight ahead and noticed two boys right in front of me.

Both of them were tall, nicely postured, and well groomed. They wore nicely fitted suits. And, thank the heavens for decent hairstyles.

"This is my best friend, Maisie Lockhart," I heard Vanessa announce.

The boy, who was a bit taller, gave me a friendly look and took his hand out for a handshake. This had to be David. To be honest, he had the charm. I could understand why Vanessa took a liking in him. His facial structure was well defined, along with his ebony colored hair nicely styled up. Those midnight blue eyes stood out perfectly. Knowing Vanessa, she easily fell for boys with eyes worth looking at.