16- tragic times

Lexi's POV

We sit in the limo all together squished. Daniel won't stop tapping his foot and staring at the floor. So this guy I met, Felix. He's really sweet and cute. We exchanged numbers and I think I'm falling for him. When he kissed me on the dance floor, I freaked out after a second from when he touched my lips. I pushed him away and walked off to get a lemon lime and bitters.

Then I went back to the dance floor and I couldn't see him so I went to dance with the other guys which I couldn't see Daniel. But we are all here in the limo. I sit next to Mahogany and Shawn. We talk about what we want to do in the next week while we are here when I feel my phone vibrating.

I pick it up to see I'm being called my Mom. I tell all the guys to be quiet and I answer my phone.
"Hey mom!" I chirp.
"Lexi, we need to talk..." she sounds like she's been crying.
"Mom, are you ok?" I ask concerned.
"Are you alone?" She asks.
"Yeh." I lie.
"I just got a call from Lilly's mom, Lilly and Kas were in the car becuase they were going to have a sleepover and there was a car crash. Lexi, there were no survivors." She sobs again.

I freeze and drop my phone. I don't believe her. Everyone stares at me. I wouldn't blame them. I'm frozen and I just dropped my phone. A tear escapes my eye.
"Stop the car!" I yell. The limo immediately stops and I push past everyone and I open the door running out. I don't stop running while I hear the other guys call my name. I run in my heels which is really difficult but I don't care.

By now tears a pouring down my face and I can hear Cameron, Shawn and Daniel chase after me calling my name. I ignore them. In mid run, I roll my ankle from my heels and I fall. My heart hurts more than my ankle and I just cry my heart out while I lay in the middle of the road. My two best friends. Gone. The guys catch up to me and the limo pulls up next to me and all the guys get out. Cameron helps me up and I hug him as tight as I can crying into his shirt.

"Hey. What's up?" He whispers. I just cry more. "It's ok. You can tell me." He whispers again.
"KAS AND LILLY ARE DEAD!" I yell. I walk off crying my head off and I sit on the grass. My new dress is probably wrecked by now but I don't care. Jack J walks up to me and sits next to me. He hugs me tight and I hug him too. These guys are my family. I'm so glad they are in my life. He stands up and hold out a hand. I grab it and stand up too.

The guys guide me and we all get back in the limo. This time I'm in between Cameron and Daniel. I start crying again and I put my palms on my eyes and my elbows on my knees. Everybody is awkwardly silent except for me. Then I feel an arm around my shoulder. I look up to see Daniel with his arm around me.

He reminds me how much I love him and I actually lean in so we are cuddling like a couple. In my head we are. I still have that fan girl in my head over him. His hug feels really nice. I'm not crying now but my cheeks are red hot with tears. I take a deep breath in and sob as I let it out. He hugs me tighter when I do.

We pull up at the hotel and one by one we all get out. Daniel acts as if nothing had happened but everybody is acting sad for me. We slowly walk to our rooms and I walk into ours first. I grab some comfortable clothes straight away and go into the bathroom. My dress has grass stains and a massive rip up the side from when I fell over.

It was a really nice dress too. I take forever to get changed. Eventually I get out leaving my dress and shoes in a pile in the bathroom. I walk out get under my covers in my bed. Cameron goes into the bathroom after me and has a shower. I lay there facing the direction of Daniel but my eyes are closed and I think about all the fun times I had with my best friends.

I cry more at the thought of them and the funny moments we had. I cry into my pillow. Then I hear a shuffle and I open my eyes to see Daniel kneeling down next to my bed. I look into his eyes. They look sad. He pushes the hair out from my face and I force myself to smile.

"Daniel." I whisper. "What has Cameron said about me?" I want to know if Cameron told him I have a crush on him.
He smiles and looks down. "He told you didn't he?" I chuckle wiping my tears. He nods and I sit up and he sits next to me on my bed.
"What do you think of me?" I ask. I seem to be all the talking here.
"I-I-love y-you" he whispers. ... ... .... ... ... ... ...................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I scream in my head.

I'm not ready for this. Not tonight. I can't. I throw my arms around him.
"Can we talk about his tomorrow?" I whisper into his ear.
"Yeh. Get some rest. I think cam want to go home tomorrow straight away for you." He whispers back. What? No! That means I'll have to leave Daniel. I nod and he goes to his bed and I lay down in mine.

I remember more things about Kas and Lilly and they make me smile. I love them. After a while I fall asleep before Cameron gets out of the shower.

The next day

I wake up with my pillow soaked. I must have cried in my sleep all night. I feel a pang of guilt. My two best friends are dead and if I were there with them, we would be going to my house not on the road they were on and they wouldn't have died. It's my fault. I have no tears left so I just sit on my bed and watch the funny videos of the girls and I. I look over to see the guys sleeping. I feel like crying so bad but there's just no tears in me.

I get dressed and walk out into the cold air on the balcony. I shut the doors behind me and I climb over the railings and just sit there with my legs dangling over a 5 story building. My best friends gone. Life is crap right now and I feel like dying.

I've known Kas and Lilly my whole life and now they are gone I can't take it.
I lean forward and look down at the empty basketball court bellow and lift myself of the railings but keeping my hands there holding me up. I'm about to let go when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Daniel and Cameron.

I look back over the edge. What am I doing?! I freak out and Daniel helps me back over the railings. I hug him as tight as I can crying again. I'm scared. He holds me tight and I hear Cameron yell.
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!? YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF US ALEXIA!!!!" He yells. I look down and Daniel lets go of me.
"I'm sorry." Cameron calms down. He walks to me and hugs me tight.
"Did you want to go home?" He says softly. I nod sobbing.

We walk back into the room and I start packing my stuff. Cameron goes tell the other guys that we are going and he comes back.
"They all want to come back to our place for you." Cameron says coming into my room. Awww. My family is so sweet.
"So will I" Daniel says looking up from folding his top and putting it in the suitcase. I smile remembering what he said last night.

An hour later

We drive into our hometown with the rest of the guys in a few cars following us while Daniel and Cameron and I are in Cameron's car. I listen to music really loud while letting my hair fly back in the wind. I feel my phone buzz in my hand and I unlock it.
I get a text from Daniel. Obviously he doesn't want Cameron to hear this convo because Daniel is sitting right in front of me. The text says,
"Hey. Are you ok?"
"Yeah I guess, maybe, no. About last night and what you said...." I reply.
"Yeah?"
"Was that true?"
"Lexi, I love you."

Its like a heavy weight has just been lifted off my shoulders but a heavier one put on when we drive past a place where us girls all used to hang out. I lay down In the back not wanting to see the places we've been and I put my palms on my eyes. Daniel looks back and holds my hand.

It helps a bit.

A/n
So hey guys, we just hit 380 followers. So excited. Sorry for not updating I a while, I had no idea what to write. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote if you like it and comment any ideas.

Thx guys.