Chapter 2

~Niall's POV~

Harry was nothing like I imagined him to be. He turned out to be a teenager, just like me. When I first saw him, I have to admit my heart skipped a beat. He was wearing black skinny jeans with dark brown boots, and his uniform shirt for work, an aqua polo. He not only managed to pull it off, he made it look good. Every time I looked into his eyes, I felt extremely overwhelmed. They were sea green and so intense, peeking out from behind his mop of curly dark hair. But then he smiled at me... My stomach did a flip. What the hell Niall? You sound like a thirteen year old girl. Knock it off. The chiding voice inside of me wasn't my own, but I knew well enough who it was. 

--

Training wasn't actually that bad. Harry taught me to stock shelves and take inventory. The only problem was, as Harry explained things, it was hard to focus. I kept getting lost in the depth of his green eyes and the murmur of his deep voice.

"So, when you stock these higher shelves, the step ladder comes in handy so you can put these back all the...Niall? Are you listening?" Harry stared at me intently, looking really adorable. Shit, he's talking to me. This time, the chiding voice was my own. 

"Uh, what was that?" I grinned innocently, like I had so not just been checking him out. 

"Niall... Please pay attention." Harry frowned, his voice was frustrated. I had gone and made him mad. Good job Niall. Good job. 

"I...I'm sorry..." I stuttered. I could feel tears burning the corners of my eyes. No, Niall, what the hell. I turned away quickly so he couldn't see the unwarranted emotional wave that had just swept over me. 

"Niall? Did I upset you?" Harry's voice sounded so concerned, my stomach flipped.

I put on a serious face and turned around to meet his gaze. "No, of course not! I just got some dust in my eye is all." I offered a weak smile, and then began to stock the shelf. 

Harry was quiet  and I could feel his eyes on me. But in a moment, he was by my side stocking the shelf, his pleasant voice making conversation.

~Harry's POV~

Niall was quick to pick things up, which made training him pretty easy. It was actually really enjoyable. Niall was a funny lad, and cute as hell. I just knew there was more to him than the carefree, funny-guy exterior he let slip once in a while. I had to know what it was. I had to know him, the real him.

I swore to myself that very first day that I would find the real Niall Horan.