Chapter 3

~Harry's POV~

My alarm clock blared with it's usual unkindness, and I reluctantly rolled out of bed. Unfortunately, my comforter seemed to be permanently attached to me, leaving me completely trapped in burrito format on the floor. This was a sign that it was not yet time for me to get up, and who am I to deny the gods of sleep? My alarm went off three more times before I decided to overcome the burrito, and I rushed to the shower. The bathroom in the two bedroom apartment was across the hall from my room, and it was basically a closet with a toilet, a sink, a shower, and a little steel towel rack. Not that I was complaining, I mean, it's one of the better living arrangements I've had growing up. 

After a quick wash, and pausing to rinse the shampoo out of my curls, I grabbed a towel and did a quick step over to my room to dress. I pulled on some black skinny jeans and my blue work polo, then pulled on my brown boots. I glanced in the cracked mirror as I grabbed my keys, and I must say I did fairly well for only having 10 minutes. I looked pretty good. For a human burrito, that is. 

---

By the time I pulled my beat up silver Cavalier into the Tesco parking lot, my hair had nearly dried, leaving it a mess of dark brown (rather unruly) curls. I tossed it back the best I could, then hurried into the awaiting sliding doors, only to bump into an emerging body. I glanced up, only to meet the eyes of Jennifer. Ah, just my luck. 

"Harry, Harry...always at the last minute, aren't we?" She cooed at my quickly disappearing form. I did not have the patience to play her games this morning. I dashed into the employee locker room and quickly clocked in, one minute early. Haha! Take that sleep gods!  I fist pumped the air, and in my delusional excitement, neglected to notice the figure leaned against the wall observing me. 

"A bit too jolly for this inhumane hour, aren't you?" Niall chuckled as he made his way over. 

"I think I'm just so far gone...I was up until three last night." I smiled at the incredulous boy in front of me, "Laundry night." I offered as an explanation. 

"Ah, I've had a few of those myself." He rubbed the back of his neck and nodded. "So, we should get to working, yeah?" My heart slipped up a little when he looked at me with those eyes. They were pure liquid blue...like what one would imagine the color of tears to be. And I was staring at him and grinning like a fool. Just great Harry. Creep out the new guy. 

"Yeah," I coughed, "That'd be good." He grinned and turned to walk out. I followed him, but not before I made a quick detour to my locker and sprayed on some body spray. 

What? I like to smell proper. 

~Niall's POV~ 

Harry was training me on the cash register today. Or as they call it in Spanish, the caja. I smiled to myself at the small amount of Spanish I had remembered. Yep, take four years, remember one word. Oh, and gato. Gato means cat. So, that's two. I sighed as I tried to work out a sentence in which one would use those two words together. It wasn't looking good, unless I wanted to write the climax of some really boring children's book. My wandering thoughts were interrupted by the now familiar cough of my coworker, who seemed to be mildly amused by me. 

"What?" I asked innocently. 

"Nothing... you just looked deep in thought about something. It was entertaining." He leaned against the register and grinned. "Mind sharing? I could use some mental stimulation." He winked. My heart leapt. 

"Oh, trust me... you don't want to know." I waved my hand dismissively. 

"Ah, secretive aren't we? Was it something dirty, I'll bet?" Harry leaned closer and grinned cheekily. I felt myself blush profusely. 

"Wha- No! I...cats. I was thinking about cats. I like cats. And the real cats too, not the other. Like, 'Meow meow, purr purr' not...the other thing." I rambled on nervously. He just grinned at me. 

"Whoa there Ni, don't hurt yourself. I was only teasing." He paused to check out a customer, and then turned back to me. "And by the way, I like the real cats too."