Beach House Part 1

The night before the trip, I packed my stuff. Today was Wednesday. We had to go to the beach house for the wedding. It was still early in the morning around 7 a.m. I put my stuff in the car. We were using two cars. I was in a car with Felix, Carson, Daniel, Nicholas, and Ethan. Mom was driving another van with the other kids and Brandon was with her. Axton was with Lily in his Toyota. The beach house was a three-hour drive, so it wasn't too far from here.

It was a cold morning and it already started raining. "I can't drive in this stupid rain" complained Carson who was driving. Suddenly, the car swerved to the left and my body collided with Felix who was on my right. "Dude, I still have my permit and I think I can drive better than you," said Ethan slightly smirking.

"It's harder than it looks especially in the rain" My triplets and I laughed. Nicholas, who was on my right, was reading a book. It was How to Kill a Mockingbird. 

"Are you guys excited for the wedding?" asked Felix. Everyone in the car responded with 'Yes'. It was kind of boring so far. We had already completed an hour of the trip which meant I needed to think of something that would kill off two hours of my time.

"Let's play a game," I said. "Oooh, how about the game where we each have to say a thing, but we can't hesitate," suggested Ethan.

"Okay," I said "I'll go first. But what's the topic?"

"Anything," said Felix

"Apple," I said. The order was Me, Carson, Daniel, Ethan, Felix, and then Nicholas who insisted on being last. I guessed he wanted more time to read his book.

"Yellow"

"Mackenzie," said Daniel. I laughed when he called my name. The trip went fast. After that game, we had played a number game where you had to say the numbers but skip any number with a five in it. Finally, we pulled up on a gravel and sand road. To my left, was an ocean. To my right was a huge house. I guess that was the beach house. Mom and Axton's cars were in front of us and stopped in front of the beach house. We stopped and we got out of the car. Suddenly I feel two hands wrap around my waist. I turn to see Zack and Zayn smiling at me. I chuckle and ruffle their hair "What's up guys?" I asked still chuckling

"Guess what Mack. We got candy!" said Zayn excitedly

"Zayn and I both have gummy bears," said Zack. He pulled out a handful of colorful gummy bears from his pocket. I chuckle "That's good," I say

Mom comes out of the car "You guys can pick your rooms and then come back down to get your stuff from the car" As soon as she said those words, all hell broke loose. Everyone pushed and shove to get a good room. There was a room with a balcony and that was the one I wanted. Felix pushed me and I stumble, but as I regain my balance I grab his arm and pull him back causing him to fall backward.

"Damn..." Felix says under his breath while rubbing his head. I ignore him and run into the house. It seems mean to just leave him there but in a house as chaotic as mine, you need to know how to fend for yourself. I run to the stairs (skipping a few steps). Once I'm at the top, I run to the balcony bedroom. I see Felix aiming for the same bedroom to from the corner of my eye. I get in the bedroom. Felix comes up behind me, but I quickly shut and lock the door. Felix starts to bang the door.

"Open the f*cking door, Mack!" he yells. "The room is mine so f*ck off!" I yell back. I walk to the bed that already has sheets. The sheets were green and white. I plopped myself on my bed and got my phone out. I looked through my notifications list and saw a missed call from some unknown person. I call the person and hear a familiar voice pick up "Hey, Mack it's Carter Harrison" How did he get my number. I've only seen him once and I didn't give him my number.