Chapter 1

I woke up to someone slapping my face. It was Zack slyly grinning at me.

"Wake up sleepy head," Zack said mischievously. I get up from my bedroom. I do the morning routine. Brush my teeth, take a shower, put on jeans a white t-shirt and a blue sweatshirt over it. I brush my hair and tie it up in a bun and put my square-framed glasses on. I walk downstairs to see my giant family. See, my name is Mackenzie and I live in a family of 12 brothers. Some people were eating in the kitchen and others were eating in the living room.

Our living room consists of three couches. So I sit in the less filled one between Felix and Xander.

"Morning, princess" Felix says nudging me a bit. I glare at him and he smirks "What did you want me to call you, Mack and Cheese?"

"I like that name," said Daniel who was on the other couch. They were really starting to annoy me. I shot Daniel another glare before I said: "I would really appreciate it if you would call me the name that's on my birth certificate." Daniel smirked, "If that's what you want Mackenzie Maddison Romana Willman." I rolled my eyes at the sound of my full name. I take a piece of toast from Felix earning myself a glare. I laugh as I take a bite off the toast. Today was Monday and it was the last week of summer before school started and I would finally be a freshman.

"Listen, everybody, I have big news." I hear my mom say "But first I need everybody here. So Mack, honey, can you please round up everybody." I sigh before I get up and walk upstairs to Tony's room who was of course on his stupid PlayStation. His eyes were glued to the screen and I swear, they didn't blink once.

"Tony, Mom wants you. She has news." I say. He doesn't look up from the screen "Tell her that I'll be right there after I complete Level 87." I roll my eyes "Mom says it's important now get up or I'll make you." Tony is my thirteen-year-old brother who is always in his room playing video games. Tony still doesn't do anything . I grab the controller from his hand and toss it on his bed.

"Hey!" he says as he tries to take the controller from my hand. "Now will you hurry up," I say. He mutters something and then walks away. I then walk over to Xander's room. He had to share a room with Zack and Zayn. Xander was busy reading a Batman comic book.

"Mom wants us downstairs Xan" I say. He closes the book and leaves it on his bed then he walks out his room towards the steps. I then gather up the twins and soon everybody is downstairs.

"As you guys may know, I have been going to law school for a while and I finally got my degree which means I can finally become a lawyer. So, I did an interview and I got the job!!!" she said excitedly.

"Congrats Mom," I say "You deserve a good job after raising 13 kids."

"I'm not done" Mom continued "See, the job is in California which means we have to move"

"No way!!" complained Ethan. I heard a few shouts from everybody and then I stand up "It's not fair. First, we move from England to New York. Now we're moving from New York to California." I say. It's true, we are all born in England. We moved to New York when Zack and Zayn were just born.

"I'm sorry. I know you guys have to handle a lot since your father died." Everyone stayed quiet. Dad had always been a touchy subject with us since he died in a car accident six years ago. I was only twelve then. Then Mom continued "Well, it's been hard for me as well. I raise 13 kids with only one income coming from me. I need a job to support this big family. If I can't then who will?" she said nearly shouting and my mom is not the one to shout. She sighs and takes a few deep breaths.

"I'm sorry Mom. We should've thought about you as well' said Daniel. Mom nods in response "Thank you" she says.

"When are we leaving," I ask.

Mom hesitates "Tomorrow that's why you guys need to pack now." Everyone in the house starts to rush around. I run to my room, get in my closet, and get out my suitcases. I fold all my clothes and put them in one suitcase, then I take my toothbrush, towels, and all my other toiletries and put them in another bag. I hear a knock on the door, to see Carson standing by my door. He grins at me and I know that's a bad sign because Carson is a well-known prankster.

"Why the hell are you smiling at me?" I ask. He takes a few steps closer to me"I'm not smiling, I'm grinning and I have a task for you?"

"What?" I asked annoyed by now

"I'll pay you five bucks if you pack my stuff for me" I didn't feel like packing his stuff. His room was filled with whoopie cushions and stink bombs. Instead shook my head and said "Ask Sebastian, he's pretty good with packing and all that stuff"

He shook his head "To think you could've had my five bucks" and he walked off.

*******

The next morning , the moving van came and got all our stuff. We all got into vans. I was in a van with Carson, Daniel, Ethan, Felix, and Nicholas. Carson was driving. Then Mom was driving another van with Tony, Sebastian, Xander, Zayn, and Zack. Finally, we arrived at the airport and boarded our plane. I sat by the window and Ethan and Felix were next to me. The plane ride was supposed to be six hours so to pass the time I put on my headphones, got a bag of chips from my bag, and listened to some Shakira.

Eventually, we arrived at California. We got into the same van and drove to our new house. Our house was huge when we pulled up.

"Damn, Mom went all out," said Carson as he pulled up to our circular driveway. I got out of the van.

"I put names on the doors of everyone's room," said Mom and that's when everyone raced to the house. I went upstairs and saw the rooms. Zack and Zayn, Ethan, Felix, all the rooms were chosen and I couldn't find mine. I went to the room that said Mom and opened it. Mom was in there unpacking.

"Hey, honey," she said

"Hey, Mom. I can't find my room" I said

"That"s because you sleep outside," she said. Okay, that was a little harsh. I'd rather sleep with Zack and Zayn. "Follow me" she said. She walked to the kitchen and out the door that was there. There was a small building outside, that I thought was a garage. She opened the door and I saw the most beautiful thing. There was a pink bed. A couch and a smart TV. I walked past my bed to see a huge walk-in closet the size of my old room. There were a mini fridge and a table. I walk into my bathroom with a shower and a jacuzzi.This was my Girl Cave.

"I thought you needed space since you live with twelve boys. It was supposed to be a garage but I had them change it and everything." I started unpacking in my closet. Then I heard a knock on the door when I was done unpacking. It was eleven boys. Besides, Axton who lived with his girlfriend. They were staring at my room in awe.

"No fair," said Sebastian "My room is next to the Wonder Twins." Then he glared at Zack and Zayn.

"I could've totally turned this place into my video game bro cave," said Tony

"This could've been my Prank Lair," said Carson

"Leave" I told the boys. Finally when they were gone. I plopped myself on the bed without even changing. My nice, big, comfy bed