Something About West Gray

Start from the beginning

He's right of course. He's always right. The fact that he's right here, on a date with me, it could only be a dream, and dreams have time limits. My time limit is until summer only. Because next year...

"You know, I never thought Natt had a girlfriend," I said.

West seemed surprised to suddenly hear me speak. "Yeah, they started dating about a year ago."

"What about Nick? Does he also have a girlfriend?" I asked just to annoy Nick.

"I don't know," West said propping his elbow on the table and placing his cheek in his palm. "Hey, what's that in your ear?"

Holy crabcakes...

"It's an earring!" Nick said quickly.

"An earring," I said casually. "You li--" my voice skipped an octave. I tried again, "You like it?"

"I've never seen you wear it before..." he said, "Well, I didn't know what you wore before either. You like wearing earrings?"

I inwardly sighed in relief. "Yes. In fact, I have two holes in this ear just to wear more of them," I said tucking my hair behind my ear to show him. I swiftly let my hair fall over my other ear to hide the tiny earpiece.

"Wow, you have extra piercings..." He said looking at me. "I never knew."

"Me neither," said Nick.

"Well, it's not really that shocking," I said. "I had this when I was fourteen."

West grinned, "I bet that was sorta like your rebellious stage then."

I laughed, "It wasn't. If I wanted to do something rebellious I would've run away from home and live in Auntie's house to watch you." I blushed immediately after saying that.

West laughed. "Then why didn't you?"

"I don't really know how to travel by myself," I said. "I always get lost."

"You have poor sense of direction," he remarked. "I remember you getting lost and climbing a tree to find out where you were."

I blinked. "When was that?"

"Your third summer here I think, you were about seven. Anyway, it was your first time walking around alone and I was on my way to Sky's when I saw you."

"I really don't remember that," I said. "Why didn't you help me?"

"Well," he smiled sheepishly. "I didn't know how to approach you."

"Why?" I asked wondering what could possibly be so unapproachable about me. He frowned a little, looking slightly embarrassed. "I kinda understand why Sky enjoyed bullying you. You were cute. Really cute. And at first I was going to help you, but I saw how you reacted when the twins passed by. You ran off so quick and hid until they were gone. I figured you would do the same once you saw me."

"Maybe... But I think I would've frozen in my place instead."

He laughed at that, "And I would've had to thaw you up. How do you suppose I can do that?"

I blushed and looked down at the table. "You would've had to hold my hand." He raised a brow at me, a small smirk appearing. "It always works, I think," I shrugged indifferently though inwardly flustered, "I always seem to calm down whenever someone's holding my hand."

"Okay, well, I was only eight. And I decided to leave you alone. But you tripped and fell. I started following you again to make sure you were safe and every single time I was about to leave, you either bump stuff, trip over nothing, or hide from other kids."