Naomi has...Friends?

West Gray

You know those romantic scenes in the movies where the guy wakes up with the girl was in his arms? Then he realizes that she's also hugging him back and he couldn't help but gaze into the sleeping angel's face... It’s supposed to be that way, you know? But it turned out quite differently.

My sleep was disturbed when I was suddenly having a hard time breathing. Something was placed on my throat, causing me to cough myself awake. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times as my vision adjusted from the streaks of morning light passing through the window.

I lifted my hand and grabbed whatever it was that disturbed my sleep. To my surprise... it was a foot. Naomi's foot.

I removed her foot and leaned on my elbows. I stared at my girlfriend.

She was in the most ridiculous position. Her head was hanging at the side of the bed, lips slightly parted but she made no sound as she continued her peaceful sleep. Her other leg was resting on top of my stomach. Her arms were thrown back making her look all the more silly. I muffled a laugh as I continued to stare. She looked so hilarious.

But then I noticed that the last two buttons of her shirt was open, revealing her flat stomach.

I sighed. I better button that up.

I sat up and realized my mistake. Naomi started sliding off. I quickly grabbed her before she hit her pretty little head on the floor.

I pulled her up and held her by the shoulders. "Naomi, hey, wake up," I said as I shook her gently.

I looked around and stared at the doorknob wondering if it was still locked.

"Naomi, wake up. I don't know what time it is and I think I really need to ---"

Her head lolled back as she continued to sleep.

I shook her harder. "Hey wake up!"

Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at me through hazy eyes. Dammit, she's still not awake. I've had experience with waking this girl up and I now know the difference when she's truly awake or when she's still half asleep.

She frowned and started closing her eyes again. "Five more minutes Stevie..." she murmured softly.

I shook her again, "Don't, you idiot! Wake up!"

Who's Stevie!?

Before I could ponder around that question, she once again opened her eyes. But still she was half asleep. “Fine fine… I’ll go take a stupid bath…” she mumbled in her dream state.

"Naomi?" I said.

She looked down and slowly reached for the first button of her shirt....

Oh no... "Naomi what are you..."

She started unbuttoning her shirt.

Shit.

I was frozen in place and by the time I got a hold of myself, all her buttons were already undone. I could see her restricted golden goods.

"Wha---" She cut me off by falling asleep again and slumping against my chest. My heart went mad. In a few seconds my stupid guy instincts kicked in, my brain already formulated multiple choices on what to do. All of them involved touching her. Kissing her…

Get a grip West, I told myself. I placed both hands on her shoulders once again. I held her back at arm's length and then decided to button up her shirt before she breaks my control and also to prevent further temptation. But the problem was that when I tried to button her up, she swayed and fell back against me. I quickly pulled her back again and started thinking of how to fix this. I had my eyes closed the whole time.