Out in the Town

"Purrincess.." He purred.

Marinette gave a squealed in surprise, turning quickly to meet Chat's gaze.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Marinette didn't know how to respond. She wished she could just play like he'd mistaken her for someone else. He probably knew it was her. But it didn't hurt to try, right?

"I'm sorry. You must have mistaken me for someone else." She tried. Doing her best to sound innocent.

"Marinette, I know it's you."

He chuckled lightly at her defeated expression. She gave a sigh and pulled him somewhere less suspicious. A dark alleyway. Ok maybe it was more suspicious but no one would see them.

"Please don't tell anyone Chaaa-ton!" She forgot she wasn't supposed to know Chat Noir. She had only met him as Ladybug. Of course everyone in the Agreste Kingdom knew Ladybug because she had fought an akuma here once, but no one knew Chat Noir from her own kingdom.

Chat eyed her suspiciously. Marinette's soon grew uncomfortable from his stare and broke eye contact, rubbing her arm nervously. She was about to say something when she felt a strong arm grab her around the waist. Instinctively, she held on around Chats neck as he used his baton to lift them onto the roof of a tall building that overlooked the town.

He set her down gently onto the roof before asking her a question. To which she felt cornered again.

"Purrincess... Why did you leave the castle?" He asked, trying to remain calm. But on the inside, he felt kind of hurt and angry. Why would she leave? Did she not like the big castle? Is it me? Am I a bad host? He didn't know how to feel.

Marinette knew she needed to tell him. She was trapped on the roof. So much for getting some freedom she thought.

"Sorry. I just felt a little trapped inside. The guards wouldn't let us outside for some reason." She admitted, avoiding his eyes.

He was flabbergasted. Adrien didn't want the guests outside because there were some concerns of robbers trying to break in (having many princesses and rich people visiting). But he hadn't realized that his guest or maybe even more guests felt cooped up. He wanted to apologize but he had to be careful what to say. So instead, he made an offer.

"Okay princess, how about getting out of the castle every night? But only under my supervision!" He proposed.

She was shocked at first. But her eyes seemed to light up with happiness.

"Yes!" She took no time to agree.

A comfortable silence surrounded them as they watched the town party. He watched her, noticing her sparkling bluebell eyes in the soft moonlight full of joy and cheerfulness. He hated to stop watching her, but it was getting late and she needed to keep rested. The last thing the castle needed was one of its most beloved guests becoming sick.

"Purrincess. We need to head back now." He said reluctantly. He truly never wanted this moment to end.

She yawned and gave a tired nod. A warm smile grew on his face as he picked her up bridal style and ran over rooftops back to the castle.

He decided it would be best to climb in through her window. He used his baton to create a perch next to the glass window. He quietly opened the window so Marinette could climb in. But she didn't. When he looked at her, he realized she was sound asleep. He shook his head once he noticed he was staring at her soft face. Her plump lips slightly opened and her chest slowly compressing up and down. Her long black lashes meeting the tops of her cheeks and her slightly messy Raven blue bangs covering her forehead and parts of her eyes.

He carefully climbed her room and softly set her on the soft queen-sized bed. Slowing pulling the blankets up to her chest.

Before leaving to go back to his own chambers, he did what he was desperately trying to refrain himself from doing before. A kiss for his princess. He softly kissed her forehead before hesitantly leaving. He didn't want the flash from his de-transformation to wake her. So with that he crept as Chat Noir back to his room before releasing his Plagg.

"Gimme cheese now!" Plagg whined.

"Plagg. You pig!" Adrien replied as he opened the drawer full of Camembert.

"Ooh!!"

Adrien was too tired to bother getting himself dressed in his night outfit and under the bed sheets. He only fell on top of his bed and slowly drifted into a deep sleep.