Another Kingdom

*Adrien's POV*

"Adrien, it's time to wake up," Said Nathalie with a cold voice, "Your father wants to speak with you."

Once she left, I got up with a small sigh. I got dressed with a plain light green undershirt and light brown pants. I then put a black tuxedo jacket over the shirt with my black tie tucking into the jacket. After fixing up my hair, I reluctantly walked down the halls into the breakfast room.

There my father sat. I waited until he motioned for me to sit down. I sat as I watched the maids scurrying around to get the table set with food.

Today's breakfast was different. It was only me and my father once the maids had set the table and were motioned to leave. Usually we had guests eating with us like the general and his family or guests from other kingdoms. My father finally ended the silence,

"You'll be 20 in half a year"
"Yes"
"You need a woman to wed, Adrien"
"I know.." I said with a small childish pout, looking away. Thankfully my father hadn't noticed, or at least was too busy to notice this time.
"Has Chloe not caught your eye?"
I looked up and met his firm gaze.
"I um... She's great and all father, but she's not for me." I said growing more quiet as my sentence ended. My father only replied with a 'hmm'.
"Then we shall have a ball"
I looked at him shocked, "A..a what?"
"You heard me Adrien. A ball. You will meet ladies from all over and you will choose one to be your bride." He said in annoyance.
'Yes father, but why don't we spice it up a bit?' I thought. My inner Chat dying to show. 'Why not a costume ball?' This way nobody would know who I was under the mask. I could meet people, their true side because they wouldn't try to be mooching up to me.
But knowing my father, he would have rejected the idea. 'This is serious Adrien! A costume ball? That's for children' he would have said. Or maybe he would have agreed? I didn't know, but I didn't want to feel the pain of his rejection. So I merely replied "yes father."

Notes:
I hope your enjoying the story so far! The chapters will start getting longer from now on!! :)