0.5

"you want me to come with you?"

"yes, i need moral support from a friend. and i chose you. aren't you honored?"

"no," jackson deadpanned.

"come on, hyung. mark hyung would have said no and jinyoungie hyung is too busy," the younger whined.

"yah! and i'm not? way to persuade me jae."

"please, hyung? this is important to me," youngjae pouted at his friend, knowing how well it worked on him.

jackson closed his eyes, hand coming to lightly punch his chest as if he was in pain. he grimaced as youngjae didn't budge.

"aish, youngjae-yah, don't do that to me... you know i can't say no when you do that. fine. i'll go with you but you owe me one, you devilish brat. everybody thinks you're innocent but they're really mistaken."

youngjae just smiled in victory.

--------∞--------

youngjae and jackson went to the pizzeria jaebum worked at. youngjae was wearing a pastel blue sweater with some jeans. he had always been told that he looked really cute in pastel colors so he was counting on that to leave a mark. preferably on jaebum's body but that's another story. the two walked into the restaurant and immediately felt engulfed by the smell of italia. the place was run by natives and you knew just by the smell that they weren't playing. it was decorated very simply and gave off a very warm vibe which youngjae really liked.

"let's sit down first," the older of the two suggested.

they found a free table by the window. while jackson was busy looking at the menu, youngjae nervously looked around. what would he do if he saw jaebum? what would he say? he started fidgeting with his fingers, pulling the sleeves of his sweater.

"hi. what can i get you?"

youngjae looked up to the sound of voice and his eyes landed on the beautiful creature that was jaebum. but jaebum wasn't looking at him. he was looking at jackson, jaw clenched tight. youngjae swallowed nervously. if eyes could kill, jackson would be so dead right now.

"no need to look at me like that because i'm his friend. he's all yours, lover boy. i'll take pastas with lots of cheese on it and tomato sauce, thanks," jackson said, eyes focused on the screen of his phone.

youngjae's eyes widened, face reddening. he lightly kicked jackson's leg to which the latter responded with an unimpressed raise of his eyebrow. jaebum seemed to soften when he heard that and finally, finally he looked at youngjae with a faint smile. the latter felt his heart deliciously flutter.

"and what about you? what do you want?"

before youngjae could even answer, jackson beat him to it.

"your number. also, he wants to know if you're gay," he casually said.

if youngjae's face wasn't red enough, it certainly was now. jaebum raised an eyebrow at the younger who awkwardly smiled.

"i'll take a pepperoni pizza, thank you."

jaebum nodded, writing down their orders with a knowing smile before leaving them to go to the kitchen.

"hyung?! what the actual fuck?! how could you say that in front of him?" youngjae asked, truly horrified.

"the honest, blunt truth my friend. since you were obviously not going to say it," the older shrugged but honestly, youngjae just wanted to dig a hole and jump right in it.

he groaned and pulled his sweater over his head to hide himself from the whole world. jackson chuckled softly and patted him on the back in a comforting manner. but in his head, he was thinking about how he could embarrass his sweet younger friend even further. about fifteen minutes later, jaebum came back with their orders. he placed the plates in front of them with a smile, reserved for youngjae who felt himself melt into a puddle of hormones at it. the waiter then bowed and left their table.

"it's funny," jackson stated, amusement clear in his voice as he twirled a spaghetti in his fork.

"what is?" youngjae asked, cutting his pizza.

"how thirsty you are for him."

the younger suddenly started coughing loudly, gaining the attention from the other customers in the restaurant. he quickly apologized before drinking water while squinting his eyes at his friend. the older shrugged with a innocent smile.

"god, i hate you so much," youngjae mumbled.

"yeah yeah, whatever floats your boat cutie," jackson retorted.

when the time to pay approached, jackson rushed youngjae to do so because his logic said that whoever invited the other would have to pay. great logic really. youngjae stood up and went to the register where (to great despair) jaebum was standing. lowering his head, he approached him and asked for the price. jaebum chuckled and told him the price.

"remember, there's a discount just for you," jaebum reminded him with a smile.

"thanks. we really enjoyed the food by the way, it was delicious," youngjae complimented with (for once) a genuine smile.

"i'm glad to hear that. i will make sure to tell the chef."

the younger smiled and started heading towards the exit because jackson was waiting for him when jaebum called him. he turned around and saw jaebum coming his way. the taller took youngjae's wrist and placed a piece of paper in his hand.

"here's my number. hit me whenever. and... next time, come alone. okay?" jaebum said, dark eyes sparkling.

"i-i... really? okay. i will," youngjae shakily replied.

jaebum smiled brightly and leaned in to place a gentle kiss on the younger's cheek. the latter felt his head spinning and his cheeks get warmer. jaebum waved at him with a smile as the younger left.

youngjae kept hearing about it for the next three hours.

______________
a/n : i just wanted to thank you for all the views and votes 😘

hope you enjoyed reading! if you did, please make sure to vote and comment, it's really appreciated!
thanks a lot, ilu 🌸