Gleefully Surprising - I

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Snart," Barry greeted, warily.

Barry's eyes darted every other way, hoping for any escape route. He really didn't have the temperament to deal with Captain Cold at that time.

Snart chuckled.

"Relax, Barry," he drawled, dragging out his name, rolling the syllables on his tongue. "I don't bite. Much."

Snart then winked at a gobsmacked Barry.

The speedster dimly wondered if he had somehow entered an alternate reality.

"That's...," Barry trailed off. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Don't you have 'bad guy' things to do?"

Snart smirked.

"Not really. My sister kicked me out since apparently, I was brooding and it was giving her a headache." He rolled his eyes.

Yeah, definitely an alternate universe.

"And what exactly happened with you?" Snart asked, eyeing him curiously. "You appeared to be worried and in a hurry."

"In a hurry? Oh shit!" Barry slapped his forehead in frustration. "Gotta run. Damn it! See you around, Snart. Try to be good!" Barry called over his shoulder as he sprinted away.

"Stay cool, kid!" Snart called back, bemused.

It was later than the time Barry had texted Jeff. As he neared the warehouse which had been rented out for the practice, Barry's nerves came back in full force. He knew that as Sebastian Smythe he wasn't always liked. There were people who had outright hated him, seeing him as someone arrogant and pompous. And they had been right. Sebastian Smythe was an arrogant asshole. But Barry Allen wasn't. And Barry wasn't sure how the Glee members were going to react to that.

Walking near to the open doorway, he could hear unintelligible music filtering out. He paused for a millisecond, used his speed to take a deep breathe, and reassured himself that he could do this, and that it wasn't the end of the world.

When he entered the warehouse, in a second he had surveyed the whole area.

Huh, looks like Oliver's training is indeed working.

Barry stood there, watching the faces of people whom he hadn't seen in years. There were some who wasn't recognisable. But overall, it was almost the same old club.

Walking into the room, a few people noticed him and immediately started whispering.

"Is that Sebastian Smythe?"

"Oh my god, I thought no one could find him!"

"That's Smythe!"

Barry put on a warm smile, walking with his hands in his jeans pockets. He didn't know it, but he made a striking figure, walking gracefully, with smooth strides, holding his head high.

"Hot damn, that boy has gotten hot!" This wasn't much of a whisper.

Barry gave a low chuckle and a few boys and girls actually sighed dreamily.

"Sebastian!" Nick shouted, flying out of nowhere and tackling him in a firm bear hug.

Barry stumbled but caught himself, bringing his arms up and around Nick, holding him just as tightly. Jeff appeared behind him and screamed, "Sandwich hug!" He then plastered himself onto Barry's back.

Barry couldn't help it, he outright laughed. He was delighted to finally see his friends.

"I missed you, guys," Barry admitted.

Nick squeezed him and said, "We got you, man."

Jeff murmured an agreement from behind.

Barry felt his worries and stress melt away. Nick and Jeff were the two true friends he had had at Dalton. They had his back just like he had theirs. It was heart-warming to see that it hadn't changed after all these years.

Now, he only had the rest of the Glee club members to face, and most had been, at some point or another, enemies of whom they considered Sebastian Smythe.

Piece of cake, really.

***
A/N:

There you go.

Who expected Snart? ;)
I wasn't planning on bringing him in now. But before I knew it, I had already written that scene. Lol.

What did you think?

Votes and comments are very much appreciated, y'all!