Confession

Hermione tossed over at the sound of a rapid knocking coming from what she could only imagine to be her portrait door. Taking a deep breath and clearing her eyes she slowly got out of the bed as not to wake Draco and hurried to the closet. She through on a pair of pants before tip toeing her way to the door.

"Ugh Finally! I've been knocking for hours, you know as the head girl it's very irresponsible of you to ignore your duties" Pansy said smirking at Hermione
"What?" She asked utterly confused.
"You and Draco, you're supposed to be down stairs right now preparing to start rounds" Pansy said looking unimpressed with her crossed arms and raised eye brow.
"Oh sweet Merlin, We'll be down shortly, meet you there!!" Hermione said urgently shutting the door on pansy and running back to get Draco. "Draco... Draco Wake Up!!" she said leaping on the bed next to him and squeezing his arm.

"Shh Love, come back to bed" He said grabbing her by the waist and tossing her over, nuzzling his face into her neck. She briefly laughed before getting serious again
"No really Draco, we are late for duties, we slept to long!" She said with wide eye, looking up at him.
"It's fine, it will only take us a moment or two to get down there" He said smiling at her and getting out of the bed to redress in his robes. When they were both ready they hurried down the stairs to meet up with the rest of the prefects.

"Alright everyone, we are sorry for being late, we got caught up in our studies and lost track of time. In the case that, that should ever happen again, we are going to follow the same procedure we did last night for the rest of the year. With the exception of the extra floor for Gryffindor and Slytherin switching to the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw every other night. Now set off and report back if necessary" Draco told the group with a sense of authority in his voice. When everyone dispersed Draco and Hermione when off their own way.

After a boring hour and a half neither them nor the other prefects had anything exciting to share.
"Hermione I have to tell you something" Draco said as they made their way back to the dorm
"Alright, out with it then" She said looking over to him
"It's not really a light matter, and I'm worried you won't take it properly... and I sort of need you to" He said looking at her briefly then down at his shoes. They were both silent until he spoke again

"This isn't gunna be easy to hear, promise you keep an open mind...You know those tails that we read about, that talk about the old magic of mating and the person you are meant to be with?" Draco tried to explain but didn't quite know what to say
"You mean Veela's" Hermione said stunning him
"You know about Veela's?" Draco asked furrowing his brow at her
"I'm Hermione Granger... I know everything" She laughed "No I only know because I have a friend who is currently in a situation where she has been recognized as a veela's mate." Hermione said looking at him
In some ways he was stunned, in other he was thankful because he knew this would make things much easier.
"What do you know about them?" Draco asked her trying to gather information
"Pretty much everything available in the books... Gin- I mean my friend, didn't know much about it and she was nervous about the whole situation and so she asked me for my help, she was scared to do the wrong thing" She told him and then it struck him, she was talking about Blaise and Ginny.

"What do you think of the whole thing?" He asked worried for her response
"I'm not sure, I mean at first I didn't know anything about Veela magic and I was angry about it because it's not fair to take away someones right to choose who they wanna be with for the selfish reason of saving your own life... but like I said that was at first," Hermione said, saying the very thing Draco was afraid of, he could feel the rejection welling up in his chest as they made it to the portrait. When Dumbledore let them in they made their way over to the living room and sat beside each other on the couch.

"What do you think now?" He asked in a slightly shaky voice, waiting for the pain to hit, but it slowly slid away as she crawled over and reset her head on a pillow on his lap.
"I think it's sweet I guess, I mean after reading about it I know that it's not about forcing someone to be with you, it's almost like a fairytale actually, because you find the person you were created to be with, and that is astonishing to me I suppose. I don't think it gets much more romantic than that" She said letting her eyes drift closed as he played with her hair. "If you think about it, you have the power to feel what the other is feeling and sense what they need and how to make them happy, it's like a cheat sheet to happily ever after" She told him and he smiled at that.
"So you wouldn't be mad if you were someone's mate?" He asked and Hermione felt a twinge in her heart that radiated to Draco.
"Well I don't know, I mean what if I'm starting to fall for someone, I don't wanna be ripped away from them," She said sitting up and looking worried
"Ron?" Draco asked bewildered and slightly upset
"No... not exactly," She said looking down "Now enough of this small talk, what were you going to tell me?" She asked