Unfortunate Illness

It was Sunday morning and Barry was getting ready to pick up Cait for a date when he got a text that read: "Sorry Barry, but I woke up with really sick so I can't go out today, Cait X". Barry replied and said, "Then I'll come and take care of you I'll be at your place in ten minutes".

True to his word Barry got there in exactly ten minutes. "Hey, how are you feeling? Can I get you anything?" Barry said walking into her room and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Normally, Cait's parents would take care if her, but they had a business conference over-seas. "I really wouldn't kiss me if I I were you, I don't want to infect you as well, after all, it's only one more week until prom," Cait said sounding very stuffy. Barry laughed before replying "I'm not going without you". He grabbed a thermometer and checked her temperature. "You're burning up I'm gonna get you some water," he said as he left the room. He returned a little while later with a glass in hand. Cait sat up with Barry's help and he helped her drink. "You really don't have to do this you know," Cait said lying back down. "Yes I do because I'll do anything for you" he replied lying down next to her. She smiled burying herself in his chest. He put his arms around her embracing her. They talked for multiple hours until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Waking up, Barry looked down to see the girl of his dreams in his arms. But the moment was soon ruined when a violent growl from his stomach interrupted. He gave Cait a light kiss and reached out for his phone and ordered pizza for them to share. He looked back at Cait and noticed that she was now awake but seemed quite groggy. "Hey, I've ordered pizza so I hope you're hungry,"Barry said. She nodded before burying her face into his chest once again.

It didn't take long for the food to arrive. When the door bell rang Barry gave Cait a kiss on the cheek before getting the pizza. A couple of minutes later Barry returned with the smell of pepperoni pizza. "Mmmm that smells soo good" Cait exclaimed. When they finished their pizza Barry said he had something for her. He took out a box from his pocket which had a silver necklace inside (that looked like the necklace in the image above except it the word was "Barry" not love). "Wow, it's beautiful, thank you so much, Barry," she said clearly speechless and gave him a kiss. He took the necklace and put it around her neck and clasped it for her.Smiling, Cait snuggled up to him again.