Chapter 37 - Meeting The Pack

Skylar's P.O.V

"How is this even possible, you don't even know how this happened to you", Sam asked me with wide eyes after me getting to the part about my powers.

"I really don't, all I can remember is this cave when I was a kid, me and Max, we fell into the pool inside, but I wasn't able to find out what it meant because I was kidnapped soon afterward", I began to think over what could have actually happened, but then I had to stop because I was asked another question.

"What happened to you? You've changed so much since freshman year, is it to do with what you were going on about earlier?".

I sighed and looked down, "partly, but what you have understand is that after you left so many things happened, and none of them were good", he looked at me in a way that he was begging me to tell him what happened.

"When you left it was obvious that someone else took your place. It was as if they knew you so well, they knew how to act like you because I really did believe it was you Sammy. This person that was pretending to be you, I told him some of the secrets that I had tried to keep from you for so long, because I thought that if you knew you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore".

"It was my dad and uncle Jack, they had always hated me, quite literally since I was placed in their care, they told everyone, the whole pack that I killed my mother when she gave birth to me, and from that day forward they began to hate me too, at first it started with taunting, and light shoves here and there, but soon it became full on abuse".

Sam was looking at me in shock, his aura all over the place and he looked at me with the same look everyone of them did, in pity.

"I went into his care the day after I was kidnapped and they told everyone that I was kept in the house the whole time, they got vampires to compel the pack leaders and Michael, a lot happened after that", I carried on telling him everything, from meeting Harry, to my transformation and the complications after that.

"I went into the psych ward for a while and I'm pretty sure I'll still be going to therapy soon, and I have been in the hospital more than I've been in my new house", a slight chuckle escaped my lips, Sam was still and completely silent, a knock at the door was what caused him to move slightly.

"We're ready for you", I looked up the the voice of Elijah and I gave a slight nod. The door closed and I looked over at Sam, "I have to go and I want you to come with me", I said softly, placing my hand on his I pulled him to his feet and walked out of the room.

***

"Welcome everyone, I am sorry for the short notice about this meeting, but there are a few things that our alphas need to bring to attention", I slowly walked up to the middle of the field where the whole pack we're crowded around outside the construction site which was to be the new pack house.

"It has come to our attention that not all has been what it seems for a while now, the hunters are still growing in numbers and for a while we have not been able to come up with a plan".

I looked towards Hunter and Jason who nodded at me to keep going, "It seems that there has been a traitor among us in the town, all those who are known for potential witchcraft should be kept away from the cubs, they will also need to be under close watch, but that is not all that we need to discuss right now".

There were many stares aimed at Sam and I remembered one important detail that I hadn't told the pack before the meeting, "I can tell that some of you are feeling anxious due to the new addition to today's meeting, this is Sam and yes he is human but he is to be treated as one of our own, the same goes for his father", I motioned for Sam to come forward.

"Sam I would like for you to meet some people, this our pack, I am alpha along with Hunter and Jason, we our each alpha of our own pack", I directed him towards Jason and Hunter, "Jason is alpha of the wolves and Hunter is alpha of both the vampires and lycan's along with me".

I heard a high pitch whine and I looked towards Elijah who was holding Andy, who was now in tears.

"This is Andy, in the basic rules and traditions of all vampire kind, Andy is now my son, there's an even longer story for that one, but for now I must ask you to follow Jayden and Jordan, they will take you back to the house and I will meet you there in a bit", I gave Sam a smile and asked Jayden to get Jordan and take Sam home.

Once they were gone I got the pack to settle and stood in the middle, "one last thing, I would like to inform you that you should all get home and get packed, the house is complete and I will give you your assigned rooms momentarily", I saw Jason look at me confused along with Elijah, Elijah came towards me and leaned in close to my ear.

"They will not be happy with the assigned rooms, they all expected to be with friends or family", he whispered and for the vampires who heard they all nodded and started shouting out questions.

Once the rest caught on to what I said there was too much shouting to even think straight, "ENOUGH".
I took a step forward and looked toward the pack, making sure that the disappointment showed on my face as clear as day.

"We are now a pack, we are family, everyone sitting around you is now a part of your life, someone who will protect you with their life and you them".
Soon enough everyone was quiet.

"I truly do not understand how it is so hard for all of you to come to terms with that, the day you sat down and dedicated your lives to each other should've been the day that you also dedicated your time to one another. The reason why you have all been assigned rooms is because those in that room will be the ones who you will partake in training exercises with".

"In these rooms will be someone who is more experienced in a skill than you are yourself, there will be 5 to a room and you will help each other reach your highest potential possible within the next three months. Starting from Monday morning at 5am, I expect you all to be on that training field, ready to work with each other and by the end of those three months, I expect improvement from all of you, and just so I am clear, any of you who do not wish to live up to these terms, you will find yourself off of this territory by first light", I called Hunter forward.

"Now of course those who are married with children will be in the same room, these rooms will be on the west wing of the first floor and you can see me for your rooms, the rest of you will be able to move in as soon as you'd like and your rooms have been keyed to only allow you in them, others may be in there whenever if invited in, but after 10pm, they will be out of there and in their own room unless you want to face any consequences", Hunter addressed them and then asked, "Am I clear?", after a chorus of yes', everyone was sent home to gather their things.

Whilst I walked home to speak with Sam some more, taking Andy with me, I decided to take the long road through the forest, but that was possibly my worst mistake.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys, I would like to thank you so much for your great deal of patience with me for the past few months, with dealing with A-Levels and suffering from terrible writers block, I was finally able to piece together Chapter 37. I am hoping that I can post another chapter next week and start to update more regularly now that my exams are almost over and I now have enough ideas for the last few chapters.

The sequel is up to you guys, and it's up to you what you would like to see, whether it be the character who you would want the story to be based on and if you would like any major questions answered in the sequel.

Thank you all again,

Leona.