Chapter 11; Phoenix's Rebellion

Start from the beginning

Jackson shrugged. "The man plans on attacking us from behind, he thinks we'll expect him from the north where the castle is located. But he'll be surprised to see us full aware of....-"

He was cut off by pain erupting from his thigh, I roughly pulled the knife back out of his thigh only to see him glare towards me.

"You've stabbed me too many times in the legs, my dear Phoenix." He seethed. "Can't you aim for something else? Or you don't have the guts to pierce my heart? That is silver." He grinned with a sick, twisted smile.

My grasp on the knife tightened. "That was just a warning." I spat, I pounced onto his chest thrusting the knife into his ribs. His satisfying scream filled my ears, however Jackson roughly threw the knife out of my grasp, it clattered across the stone floor. He tossed me to the ground with a thud.

"Bitch." He snarled as he grasped his bleeding chest. He pulled his hands away to see thick crimson blood covering them.

"You'll pay for this, I've given you everything and how do you repay me?!" He bellowed. "A knife in my chest! I'm done being being nice to you, all I've ever been was...-"

"No you haven't!" I yelled with my fists balled at my sides. "You've killed everyone I loved! You killed my mate!"

Jackson grabbed my wrist and yanked my body into his chest, soaking my shirt in his blood.

"I did all of this so we could be together, you don't see that do you?!"

I glared into his face. "I'm done fighting with you about this between us." I mumbled as yanked my wrist out of his grasp. "I'm done hiding here away from Axel; I'm done avoiding my problems, I'm going to fight them."

I launched my body towards the knife, Jackson tried to reach for me. However I grabbed the knife and pulled it up to my own neck.

"I wouldn't take another step." I threatened, cutting the blade into my neck making a drop soak into the hem of my shirt. "I won't hesitate."

Jackson clenched his teeth. "You won't do it. You're too weak and naive."

"Naive? Sure, when I first came to this werewolf world. I was pretty dumb, I thought I could fix every problem with a few words however I made wrong decisions, but at the time I thought I was doing the right thing. To protect the pack I ran to you thinking you'd stop attacking my pack if you had me. But I never truly knew your motives, I never stopped to think you wanted the whole pack or Xidan dead." I spat with my knuckles turning white on the blade. "Sad to think all it took was Xidan to die to bring me to realization, other than the times I tried to kill myself however I'm done taking the easy way out. I'm going to destroy you and Axel's life!" I shouted. "I'm going to become a hunter and yes I do know what those are, my father used to be a Hunter however he hunted deer not wolf."

Jackson shook his head. "You're just a mere human, a woman. You think you can take me down?"

I shrugged. "I'll give it hell of a try, I'm done being weak."

On that note I pulled the knife away from my throat and thrusted it into Jackson's heart. Before he even knew I had taken the knife away from my throat and pushed it into him.

His eyes widened as his hand wrapped around the knife I had embedded in him. I let go of the knife with a smirk.

Jackson pulled it out and looked at his bleeding chest, by now his thigh and other wound I had inflicted on his chest had healed.

"Nice try." He chuckled as he twisted the knife between his fingers. "Like hell I'd keep silver knives in my kitchen, I'd just be asking for death."

My eyes hardened.

"As I said naive." He threw back at me.

Jackson grabbed my neck and lifted me off of the ground with his left arm, while he kept the knife in the other.

"You've kept a knife underneath your pillow and for what this very moment?" He chuckled with a wide grin. "Yeah I knew you didn't have the guts to wake up before me and kill me, anyways it wasn't silver. But I knew once you tried to kill me, I couldn't have you as my luna. My Luna would never try to kill me."

I gasped as I reached to try to pry his hands off of my neck however he didn't budge. I pulled at his fingers, bending them backwards in an attempt to brake them.

Werewolves are in human, they are tangible but you can't kill them. Only silver to the Heart. I'm too naive as he said but this can't be it, I can't just let him kill me....

I dug my nails into his hands however his satisfying smile just continued to raise. He threw me to ground making my hip cry out in anguish, I gasped and coughed as I began to crawl away.

I can't let him kill me, I can't let Jackson reek havoc on my life anymore!

"I can't kill you Phoenix, that would only give you peace and my brother." He sighed as he reached down and grabbed both of my wrists. "To think I actually let you move in with me."

He dragged me towards a wall with chains cemented into it. I screamed as I tugged on my arms.

"I won't let you do this to me Jackson!" I hollered.

He just shrugged and pushed my back up against the cold wall.

"You can try." He mumbled as he clicked the metal cuffs around both of my wrists.

"Sure as hell will!" I spat.

He walked back over to the knife he had dropped on the floor and held it up.

"You forgot this."

Jackson threw the knife at me, making it
nick my cheek. I flinched as he chuckled and turned away from me, leaving me in the shackles.