Chapter Seven; Tears

A loud knock sounded on the bedroom door which I groggily sat up from Axel's bed. I turned the doorknob and looked up to see Clarke's dark features.

"Alpha Clarke?" I questioned.

He looked pass me and scanned the bedroom. "I need to speak with you."

I shrugged and opened the door wider for him to come in, he ambled into the room and closed the door behind him.

"Phoenix....- ohh Phoenix, you can't hide away here forever." Alpha Clarke stopped walking and turned his body towards me.

"Hiding? Here?" I said astonished.

"You just don't want to feel the pain." He took slowly, steady steps towards me. "It's too unbearable, you'd rather just drown it out with that man's kisses."

I walked backwards away from Alpha Clarke afraid of what he was talking about.

"What are you saying?" I inquired. "I hate Axel, never would I allow myself to be secluded in his love."

My back hit the bedroom door and Clarke walked up close to me until I could feel his hot breath on my nose.

"Axel loves you, he sees a survivor in your eyes. He knows you've experienced pain and loss before so of course you'd be a perfect queen. A queen who knows more pain while make the strongest choices." Clarke told me.

I rolled my eyes. "A survivor or a killer of my pack you can look at it either way, I'm the one who let Jackson take me to his rogue pack."

Clarke shrugged. "No one is blaming you."

"Alpha Clarke, I need to ask of you for something." I told him while changing the subject. "I don't want to be here, please just take me back to my mate."

A grin separated his lips and he let out a chuckle. "Your mate? Alpha Xidan, the man who lost his pack to his older brother?"

I nodded. "I guess you can put it that way."

He stuck both his hands beside my head forming an arm cage. "I haven't seen him in months, come to think of it he disappeared right after I heard Axel found a queen...- meaning you."

My eyes widened. "Axel....- took him..?" My voice shook.

"Ohh come on Phoenix haven't you found out who I am, I know everything about you...-"

I scowled at him, he's just Axel's strange friend how can he know everything about me...?

He reached up and brushed his fingertips against my neck and leaned down to my neck and took in a deep breath. "That asshole covered my mark!"

"Jackson," My voice disappeared as I spoke of his name.

He smirked. "There we go, no more Alpha Clarke shit. I killed that guy and took his Luna just so I could have this little chat with you."

"Y-you killed....-"

"Your surprised?" He huffed. "If there is something I want I'll spill blood to get it."
Jackson twisted my brown hair within his fingers as he stared into my eyes.

"I know." An image of the old lady falling to the ground dead made me cringe, all she did was talk bad of me.

Jackson leaned in closer to my face. "Xidan didn't have enough balls to even try to get you, like hell if he'd kill a soul like Alpha Clarke."