Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I woke up feeling so disoriented. Where am I?

I sat down and observed my surroundings. Oh, I was in Greece.

I remembered falling asleep in Ares arms - in the bathtub. He carried me to the bed. I was so tired after the ten hour trip.

I turned to the bedside table to check the time and saw my phone.

My phone!

I immediately took it and opened the contacts. But it suddenly went off.

I rushed to where my luggage was and took my phone battery charger. Thanks God... the phone was charging.

I didn't waste any time, I called Drew.

"Drew!"

"Rachel? Is that you?"

"Yes. Thank God, I'm able to call you now."

"Where have you been? I kept on calling you. Why are you not answering your phone?"

"It's a long story Drew."

"Did he sign the divorce paper?"

"Um.. no. Not yet."

"What took him so long? Did you see him?"

"Yes."

"So what's the problem? You should tell him to sign the papers or else you'll sue him."

"Sue him? On what grounds?"

"Hmm... we'll think of something. We can even get more money from him."

"Money? I don't need his money."

"Rachel, we're going to need it for our future - think of our children someday."

"That's not a good idea."

"Okay, we'll talk about it when you'll get home. I know you're not comfortable talking about money. But it makes the world go round. Soon, you will realize that. Anyway, are you still staying in the same hotel?"

I wanted to tell him the truth that I was in Athens with Ares, but decided not to, so our conversation wouldn't take long.

"Um... Yeah."

"Okay, that's good. Have him sign the divorce paper as soon as possible."

"Of course, I'm working on it."

"I have to go. I have a client waiting. Take your time and enjoy your vacation. Love you."

"Sure. Bye. Love you."

I put down my phone and looked at the engagement ring that Drew gave me. Ares was right. It was foggy.

____

It was seven in the evening when I went down the stairs. I took a quick shower, did my 5-minute makeup and wore a red bodycon dress for dinner. I put on my black stiletto shoes again. Oh... my feet already hurt. I wished I hadn't forgotten my other shoes.

The moment I entered the living room, Ares was in the mini bar. He changed his clothes from rugged to casual - dark gray pants, white shirt and dark jacket. Looking sinfully gorgeous as always. He was sitting on a bar stool. Beside her was Tiffany, drinking a glass of wine.

They were sitting, so close together. Tiffany's hand even rested on Ares' arm, caressing it. Anyone who saw them would think that they were lovers.

Ares immediately stood up and left Tiffany's side when he saw me. Tiffany just looked at me, sizing me from head to toe, then gave me a very sweet smile.