I don't know if she feels the same way about him, though.

Her voice cracked as she spoke to me. "Can you please let me talk to him for a moment?"

I nodded, shooting her brother a cautious glare. I walked far enough to where I couldn't hear their conversation, but close enough to where I could see them.

"You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man." A voice came from behind me, causing me to spin my head around.

//

Naomi

"WHY ARE YOU here?" I snapped, my voice full of the hatred I have for him

He looked hurt, but shook it off. "A brother wants to come see his sister. What's so wrong with that?"

I scoffed, a laugh escaping my lips. "What's so wrong with that? Let me tell you, how the hell are you just going to pop out of nowhere like you did the first time? Huh?"

He shook his head. "Naomi, I don't know why you hate me so much! It's not my fault that our parents decided to keep you and send me off to some other family!"

Tears were pooling in my eyes, but I blinked them away quickly. Kingston sighed and took my hand. "Look, I'm a lover, not a fighter."

[yep, Dave Franco plays Kingston Reid]

I chuckled. "Yeah, well that's where we're different, then. I'm a fighter, not a lover."

Kingston raised his eyebrow at me, as if he didn't believe me. "Not a lover, huh? Well, the way you look at that Dally guy over there I say you're both."

I smiled sheepishly, flipping him off. "You staying this time? Or are you just going to leave like you always do?"

He didn't say anything. He just pulled me into a hug, not letting go. And for the first time, I hugged him back.

We pulled away and he patted my shoulder. "You know I don't stay in places for long, sis. I'm a reckless runaway. I promise to always visit you though, okay?"

Everyone always leaves.

I tried to hide the hurt I was feeling and nodded. "Yeah. Whatever."

"I love you. You know that." He pinched my cheeks, making me laugh.

"The feelings are mutual." I shrugged.

"Will you ever say those three words? I love you. It's not that hard."

I glanced over at Dally, a small smirk forming on my lips. "I have said those words. Once."

"He's a good guy. I can tell he loves you."

//

Dallas

I TURNED MY head around, clenching my fists

I TURNED MY head around, clenching my fists. Parker.

"Using my words I see." I spoke through gritted teeth, walking slowly towards him.

Parker shook his head. "If you wouldn't have took Naomi away from me that day, it would've been us together."

I scoffed. "What? So you could take her to that abandoned office and do what you did to those other girls?"

He pulled his knife out, his jaw clenching. "Shut the hell up, Winston!"

I laughed. "Or what? Naomi already knows. She'll never get near you again."

Before I could react, I felt a fist connect with my jaw, making me fly backwards. I quickly regained conscience, getting back on my feet and pulling my switchblade out.

I threw a punch back, using more force than he did with me. I heard Naomi shout and she ran in between us, pushing me away from Parker.

"Dally, calm down." She breathed, looking straight at me.

I don't know why, but her saying that made me automatically calm down. Her brother had Parker and I could tell that her and Kingston made up.

Naomi shot a glare at Parker and pulled me away from him. Kingston started following us and we walked home. "Kingston is going to stay at the house for a week."

I just nodded, not in the mood to speak. This is why I don't go to school dances.

We entered the house, Kingston going to my bedroom to crash. Naomi pulled me towards her bedroom, sitting me on her bed. She came out with a first aid kit and started cleaning my face up.

I focused on her concentrated face, smiling at how beautiful she was. When she was concentrating, she stuck her tongue out, making it even cuter.

Once she finished, she changed into her pajamas and came out, closing the door behind her.

I shot her a smirk. "So I guess I'm sleeping with you tonight."

She rolled her eyes, pulling the covers over her. "Just get in bed. I had a very eventful and tiring day. So did you."

I obeyed and got in beside her, immediately passing out once my head hit the pillow.

//

this chapter SUCKED and I'm SO sorry!

I promise I'll make it up to you next chapter.

do you like Kingston?