The text message

I was with Nora and I got a text message, and that's how it started.

Two day earlier

"So how are you wearing your hair for tomorrow?" She asks in a needy voice down the hallway. I turn to face her to see her hair in a tight ponytail and her bangs hanging out in front covering her eyes slightly.

"I think just a fishtail braid? I haven't really thought about it yet." I say looking in the hanging mirror in my room fixing my makeup. I see Nora come up behind me and do funny face wiping the serious face off.

"Really? It's your first time you got a date in college, wear it down straighten." She says as I look around the room before going out of the room. I quickly put my curly hair into a bun and grab my bag off the counter.

We go into the kitchen of our little apartment we got a month ago. I go into the refrigerator and grab a water, while in there I found Nora's phone in the meat drawer. I turn to face her and she is drinking her coffee, I put the phone in front of her and she picks it up.

"Was that a crazy party last night?" I ask looking at her phone with a crack into the side of it. I get the Advil out from the drawer and slide it across the island and makes its way across into Nora's hand.

She nods her head and keeps drinking. she stops to look at me.

"Jen you have to get out of the apartment once and a while." she says twisting her hair around her finger then popping two pills in her mouth and takes another sip.

"I'm not a party person and you know it. I'm not coming out from this apartment but, only for food, classes and shopping that's it!" I say to her without a hesitation and slapping my hands onto the counter.

She smiles at me and I smile back, we laugh until the bell rings and I fuzzy voice comes through.

"Hey, it's Josh can you let me up?" it says. I push the button to t let him up.

1 minute later he comes through the door and I run into his arms and he kisses my check. I hear Nora come over and I pull away from his embrace. Nora and Josh kiss and I just feel awkward standing there looking so, I look away.