afterword

QUESTIONS

☁☁☁☁

Favorite chapter?

I'd have to say my personal favorite chapter is C10 | a rainy day. There's something so pure and intimate about that part in particular, in which it combines all the elements Broken Arrows is truly about. I love the references to Jurassic Park and the bonding that really starts developing; I mean, c'mon, Hunter pulling Sachi into the lake and her pulling him in with her has to be one of the funnest scenes I've ever written.

Favorite character?

The reason I adored writing Broken Arrows is that I was completely in love with all of the characters. They were each unique, bringing their own charm to the group, and were all equally lovable. My personal favorite is constantly switching depending on who I'm writing in that particular moment. So, I'd say that they all have special places in my heart.

What inspired the story?

A multitude of things! As stated in the foreword, I wanted to really dive into the depths of what friendship means and how people can connect in a way that is purely platonic. The idea came to me when I was spending the night at a friend's lakehouse. We were sleeping in a crowded attic, and I began to wonder... what if a group of teenagers were rooming in this confined space? Better yet, what if they had a complicated history together? What if they used to be best friends? As my mind worked through the idea, I was unconsciously adding other parts of that weekend into the story. (For example, the neighbor's dog came onto our lawn at some point, and I decided one of these characters should have a dog. And from that, Erin had Lady!) It took months of thoughts to fully circle around into the story it is today, but I am proud of the outcome.

What happens to Sachi + Elliot in the future?

At the end of Broken Arrows, the two have decided to maintain their relationship long-distance and see how it goes. As Sachi's world is one I'd like to come back to, I'm not going to spoil their future. You'll just have to wait and see!

Is Hunter gay?

Nope. He's bisexual. Mr. Castro's assumption that he is gay is meant to show his close-mindedness in accepting that other sexualities exist. And Erin is lesbian.

☁☁☁☁

SEQUELS/SPINOFFS

SEQUEL

I'm quite content with where Sachi's story has left off at the moment so I don't see a sequel in the near future. But who knows? We'll see!

SPINOFFS

MEMORY LANE | hunter's story

It isn't until Scarlett Flores meets a boy in a Star-Lord costume that she catches a glimpse of what it means to mend a broken relationship. Hunter Castro has a lot of experience on that front and is more than willing to help her out. But she has no idea what she is getting herself into.

☁☁☁☁

Any other questions? Ask them below, or post them on my ask page!